forum

Hoshizora no Memoria - Eternal recurrence (Arrange)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Shinkuu
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on 2010年12月1日 at 23:05:23

Artist: Aragaki Toshio
Title: Eternal Recurrence (Arrange)
Source: Hoshizora no Memoria -Wish upon a shooting star-
BPM: 100
Filesize: 2648kb
Play Time: 01:36
Difficulties Available:
  1. Easy (1.15 stars, 70 notes)
  2. Hard (3.44 stars, 141 notes)
  3. Normal (2.52 stars, 95 notes)
Download: Aragaki Toshio - Eternal Recurrence (Arrange)
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
sorry,Graveyarded
GALGAME:星空のメモリア -Wish upon a Shooting Star-
新垣トシオ - Eternal recurrence (Arrange)

Nice song &It's so moving story
2rd? Wishing you would like it
Tonoko
:oops:
Colin Hou
地板
xBubu
;)
LaunchedthousandShip
so sweet

!star
Hiiragi_kagami_old
:lol: 这歌等了很久了
fjx139
STAR!!!!!!!!
xipan_old
还没完就感到一阵阵强风扑面而来,难道这就是传说中的王霸之气?
acethical
star
Lesjuh
Offset 580

Capitalize the 't' in 'toshio' in the artist name and change the artist in the topic title to 'Aragaki Toshio'.

That's it! ^_~ You should totally contact me for a bubble after you've fixed that.
Topic Starter
Shinkuu

Lesjuh wrote:

Offset 580fixed

Capitalize the 't' in 'toshio' in the artist name and change the artist in the topic title to 'Aragaki Toshio'.fixed

That's it! ^_~ You should totally contact me for a bubble after you've fixed that.
thx your mod,lesss :oops:
Lesjuh
Something went wrong, did you full submit? Osu! says it can't load the audio file.

You didn't change the topic title yet, this is not necessary but it'd be better if you did. Also this is just in case, could you also capitalize the 'r' in 'recurrence'? I'm sure it's not much of a deal but it could be a reason for a BAT to pop your bubble.
Topic Starter
Shinkuu

Lesjuh wrote:

Something went wrong, did you full submit? Osu! says it can't load the audio file. fixed

You didn't change the topic title yet, this is not necessary but it'd be better if you did. Also this is just in case, could you also capitalize the 'r' in 'recurrence'?fixed

I'm sure it's not much of a deal but it could be a reason for a BAT to pop your bubble.
lol
sorry, I forget full submit it.
Thank you for reminding me again.
I think everything is ok now
Lesjuh
alright bubble ;o
NoHitter
I don't feel that this mapset is ready to be bubbled yet.

General
Change your source to: Hoshizora no Memoria: Wish Upon a Shooting Star
(Remove the underline and capitalize the U in upon)
The kiai in both difficulties are different. Follow the one in [Hard]. (snap the kiai timing sections to the beat snap divisor though since it's off my a few ms)

Normal
Normal has the same HP Drain Rate and Overall Difficulty and just -1 Approach Rate of Hard. Please lower the settings.
01:34:180 (4) - 1/2 speed doesn't fit.

Hard
00:17:380 (1,2,3,4,5) - The previous notes that used this pattern was a 1/2 stream [00:08:980 (1,2,3,4,5)] . IMO it's confusing to have the same pattern with a different spacing in the timeline.
00:36:580 (1,2,3,4,5) - Same as above, only the 1/2 stream before it is in [00:28:180 (1,2,3,4,5)]
00:43:780 (1,2,3,4,5) && 00:47:380 (1,2,3,4,5) - Again. Similar patterns, but different timeline spacing.
00:55:780 (1,2,3,4,5) - Same comments as the ones above.
01:35:080 (3) - This 1/2 slider doesn't fit at all.

Overall
The two difficulties felt kind of boring to me.
They also felt very similar as they both had the same slider velocity and distance spacing.
(Maybe you could map difficulties in the future with different slider velocities.)
Topic Starter
Shinkuu

NoHItter wrote:

I don't feel that this mapset is ready to be bubbled yet.

General
Change your source to: Hoshizora no Memoria: Wish Upon a Shooting Star
(Remove the underline and capitalize the U in upon)
the game's name:星空のメモリア -Wish upon a Shooting Star-.
I think 'upon' is alright,I want to keep those stuffs

The kiai in both difficulties are different. Follow the one in [Hard]. (snap the kiai timing sections to the beat snap divisor though since it's off my a few ms)
fixed

Normal
Normal has the same HP Drain Rate and Overall Difficulty and just -1 Approach Rate of Hard. Please lower the settings.
fixed
01:34:180 (4) - 1/2 speed doesn't fit.
I want to keep those stuffs,I found other player(maper) test the map,they feel alright,and I think so too

Hard
00:17:380 (1,2,3,4,5) - The previous notes that used this pattern was a 1/2 stream [00:08:980 (1,2,3,4,5)] . IMO it's confusing to have the same pattern with a different spacing in the timeline. I want to keep those stuffs,I think here is the difficulty relative to normal
00:36:580 (1,2,3,4,5) - Same as above, only the 1/2 stream before it is in [00:28:180 (1,2,3,4,5)] Same as above
00:43:780 (1,2,3,4,5) && 00:47:380 (1,2,3,4,5) - Again. Similar patterns, but different timeline spacing. Same as above
00:55:780 (1,2,3,4,5) - Same comments as the ones above. Same as above
01:35:080 (3) - This 1/2 slider doesn't fit at all.
I want to keep those stuffs,I found other player(maper) test the map,they feel alright,and I think so too

Overall
The two difficulties felt kind of boring to me.
They also felt very similar as they both had the same slider velocity and distance spacing.
(Maybe you could map difficulties in the future with different slider velocities.)
thanks for your suggestion,i will pay attention to that next time
all fixed
wait for recheck
Shiro
General
Only two diffs ? The mapset would be a lot better with at least a Easy diff. Your Normal isn't beginner-friendly.
Add at least 1.5 second of lead-in.
01:38:980 - sounds like a better end point to me.

Normal
This is not beginner friendly at all. The rhythm used, the patterns and the difficulty settings are too hard for a new player. You need to map a Easy, or have someone map one for you. It's a decent Normal, but it doesn't fit the easiest difficulty of the mapset.
00:01:480 (1,2,3,4,5) - The spacing of this combo is not consistent. Although it plays fine, it is aesthetically bad. Turn grid snap off to space them in a better way. For instance, (4) is too far from (3), and (5) too close to (4).
00:03:880 (1) - This is confusing for new players: the number of repeat cannot be expected. Ignore this comment if you plan on having a Easy made.
00:13:480 (1) - ^
00:16:480 (4,5,6) - Inconsistent spacing: once again, it plays fine but looks bad. Turn grid snap off to place (5) in a better way.
00:17:380 (6,1) - Confusing spacing: (1) is too close to (6): it is spaced as if the time gap was 1/1 (like in 00:15:880 (3,4) - ) although it's 3/2.
00:23:080 (1) - Same as 00:03:880 (1) -
00:32:680 (1) - ^
00:35:680 (4,5,6) - Same as 00:16:480 (4,5,6) -
00:41:380 (4) - New combo ?
00:53:380 (4) - ^ ?
01:07:780 (3) - Same as 00:03:880 (1) -
01:17:380 (1) - ^
01:26:980 (3) - ^
01:34:180 (4) - Space it with 1,00x distance snapping ? I don't see a reason why it should be further than that. Also, remove the slow down, it doesn't make sense according to the music. Make a spinner instead ?

Hard
I like the use of anti-jumps in this diff. However, the accelerated spacing feels out of place. Moreover, this diff is very similar to the Normal. :/ The first pattern is the same for instance.
00:17:380 (1,2,3,4,5) - Anti-jump + accelerated spacing is not a good thing to do. It makes things very confusing. The point of an anti-jump is to reduce drastically the spacing when the song calls for it. Why would you accelerate during the anti-jumps ?
00:36:580 (1,2,3,4,1) - ^
00:43:780 (1,2,3,4,5) - ^
00:55:780 (1,2,3,4,5) - Make them jumps ? (accelerated if you want) I think it feels better with jumps here
00:59:680 (1,2,3,4) - Inconsistent spacing: although it plays fine, it looks bad. Doing just this:

Makes the pattern look a lot prettier
01:35:080 (3) - The slow down here makes no sense... Make a spinner the same way as I suggested in Normal ?

The map does match the ranking criteria, but I don't think it should be bubbled now. I agree with the above pop.
NoHitter
Please follow the above mod.

Also you still haven't changed the source.
I also insist that you change those 1/2x sliders.
deepsea
OK I still dled this and look through it.

The normal isn't that newer-friendly because:
1.Spacing.
Really large spacing makes the map insane, but you can't say vice versa here. If you squeeze notes together it won't make map newer friendly.
Squeezed notes are harder to read, that make player harder to react the rhythm change, like from 1 beat to 2 beats; Also when a newer see lot of notes all together, they will just taptaptaptap and press earlier.
2.1/2s.
I suggest make 1/2s, at least those in beginning part of map sliders, you can't expect a newer play 1/2s well when they begin plays.

I can make an easy if you want to keep normal as it is, or I suggest to fix as above reasons. I won't nazi map note by note though.:3
Also, I don't mind mapper refuse to change if it is after decision and have a reason.
Topic Starter
Shinkuu
@Odaril、NoHItter、deepsea

always,thx your mod,
about [normal],]I want remap it
about [hard], I will consider your suggestion

I need time to think about how to remap it, WIP
Hope you can help me to the mod it,thx

and sorry for my poor english.
Shiro
Don't "remap" the Normal. Fix the things I pointed out, and your diff will be decent enough. You just need an easier diff. Deleting this one to remap it is pointless and would make you waste the time you spent on the Normal. Just map a Easy diff.
Shiro
General
The map is finished now. Move it to pending.

Easy
Lower the HP drain rate by at least one tick (two would be the best).
00:05:380 (1) - Having it placed here seems a bit weird to me, try spacing it correctly - something like:

And if you do it, remember to do the same for all the other times this pattern appears.

Normal
Looks good, I am really glad you took rid of the slow downs.

Hard

Odaril wrote:

Hard
I like the use of anti-jumps in this diff. However, the accelerated spacing feels out of place. Moreover, this diff is very similar to the Normal. :/ The first pattern is the same for instance.
00:17:380 (1,2,3,4,5) - Anti-jump + accelerated spacing is not a good thing to do. It makes things very confusing. The point of an anti-jump is to reduce drastically the spacing when the song calls for it. Why would you accelerate during the anti-jumps ?
00:59:680 (1,2,3,4) - Inconsistent spacing: although it plays fine, it looks bad. Doing just this:

01:35:080 (3) - The slow down here makes no sense... Make a spinner the same way as I suggested in Normal ?
Nothing of this was fixed. :/ Take a look at it this time.
I have nothing else to say about the Hard though.
Topic Starter
Shinkuu

Odaril wrote:

General
The map is finished now. Move it to pending.

Easy
Lower the HP drain rate by at least one tick (two would be the best).
00:05:380 (1) - Having it placed here seems a bit weird to me, try spacing it correctly - something like:

And if you do it, remember to do the same for all the other times this pattern appears.

Normal
Looks good, I am really glad you took rid of the slow downs.

Hard

Odaril wrote:

Hard

Nothing of this was fixed. :/ Take a look at it this time.
I have nothing else to say about the Hard though.
thx your mod,I always forget the kus >_> sor

and the hard maybe I will remap it

EDIT:I need some time to remap it