forum

Proper Mac version?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
OptimusAndrew
The mac version of osu uses wine instead of being properly ported. Why do I have a problem with this? Well, because the program run is actually Wineskin, I don't get the osu menu bar options. As well as this, while it may be unrelated, osu will often crash my entire computer. Nothing else has ever done that. Some other programs have crashed, but none have crashed the whole computer. This has happened when:
1. I found out about the shortcut to upload beatmaps, and it worked. Except when I clicked upload, my computer crashed
2. It has also happened numerous times when clicking download beatmap when on multiplayer, instead of opening the browser page for the beatmap.

While the crashes have a small chance of being unrelated, it's still quite annoying, and I think Wineskin is why it happens.
ErunamoJAZZ
Hi.

About a native port for unix systems (first mac, for linux will come later), this will happen soon™ someday, dont worry :)
"a boring video showing osu! compiling and running on os x" source: https://twitter.com/ppy/status/566193869771927553

For actual wine version, you can find information in osu! (OS X) beta release.
Topic Starter
OptimusAndrew
Thanks! I guess I have plenty of time to make my beatmaps of the best quality I can until then!