forum

New game mode [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
[deleted user]
Well, first I need to say that this post is wrote by Anghios and I only post it.
"
Hi all!
well...I have two years in Osu! and really the first time I was impressed.

I really liked the gameplay, the gamemodes like CTB or taiko...But I felt that somethings was missing...
I have been months thinking about this suggestion, I know that most of the suggestions are not accepted. So I evaded from posting, but well now here I am.

Before play Osu! I played another offline game called:
O2Mania (PC) y DJMax (PSP), Peppy knows. ;)

well, my suggestion is to implement the gamemode of those games in Osu!, (it could be called "Keys").

It uses 7 keys (Usually: S, D, F,[space], J, K, L)

I'm Anghios, the creator of the suggestion that Darkylight post here. Well, is simple... In my two years in Osu! I knew
that if this gamemode will be implemented would become an even better game. Much more.For my is very cool.

My idea is simple, here Darkylight, using photoshop, he created a screen with this gamemode in osu. Textures, combos, mods etc.

Well, its time to have a big update in Osu! =D
And what better way than this?

Honestly, this game with this gamemode of music would be unstoppable.
The best rhythm game ever. And online;) "

Thanks for read. A video:

Derekku
DJ Max modes have already been denied in the past. However, there is a similar request that has had some support. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28876
Anghios_old

Derekku wrote:

DJ Max modes have already been denied in the past. However, there is a similar request that has had some support. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28876
OK, another post has been refused as well ... but why?
above have said "LIKE" is a different concept, people may express an opinion. no?
Derekku
It's been denied in the past because peppy doesn't want to just add the exact same mode that so many other games have.

The thread I linked (DJ Pippi) is a similar concept to DJ Max, but with the originality that would fit right into osu!.
Anghios_old

Derekku wrote:

It's been denied in the past because peppy doesn't want to just add the exact same mode that so many other games have.
And put taiko? WTF!
And put Osu!? WTFFFFFF!!

Aweasome, has denied this suggestion that you gave you the win.
Osu! is known worldwide for NDS, Taiko is known worldwide for NDS, PC and PSP.
And you tell me peppy to me that does not look the same ways that other games? Impressive.
You should send the link of this suggestion peppy, and decide whether you're looking or not. Dot.
Gabi

Derekku wrote:

The thread I linked (DJ Pippi) is a similar concept to DJ Max, but with the originality that would fit right into osu!.
did he really deny it? if i remember correctly peppy already had plans in the future for a game mode like this one.
peppy
I hope to someday.
Zetta
This looks like a gutiar hero rip off to me, without the guitar.

I'll admit though it does look pretty fun but isn't having 7 keys a little too much?

Something like 4-5 would be ideal as most people at the most have 3 fingers from each hand on their keyboard at a time, even when playing FPS games you only have 3 fingers on your keyboard, unless you count your thumb on the space bar.
Derekku

Zetta wrote:

I'll admit though it does look pretty fun but isn't having 7 keys a little too much?
Some of the games (or at least similar ones) have even more than seven keys. :o
Gabi

Zetta wrote:

This looks like a gutiar hero rip off to me, without the guitar.

*sigh*

This isn't even close to guitar hero :<

Also O2jam/This game mode came before guitar hero lol.

in IIDX, with 2 boards you can use up to 14 keys. FOURTEEN KEYS, therefor 7 keys is pretty nice ^^. An idea though would be having easy/normal at 3 keys, Hard at 5 keys and insane at 7 keys.
dvorak_old
I'm sure I will release some of my ★10+ for osu! beatmania mode,and ask overjoy creators about osu! release.
It will be nice if I can play Little Hearts[god] in osu!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0SED3DGrGU
------

as a player of beatmania pop'n drummania/guitarfreakXG+Vseries jubeat ddr divaArcade bm98 nazo LR2
Shiro
Just how would you turn osu! maps into maps for this ?
Azure_Kite
Well, I've always thought it'd have to do with a beat/slider's x or y coordinates in a beatmap.
Topic Starter
[deleted user]

Odaril wrote:

Just how would you turn osu! maps into maps for this ?
I think same that ctb but... The screen is divided into the number of keys and those that are closer to one of the ranges is the key.

And sliders is the same, a large note. But spiners... idn...
RandomJibberish
This is similar to the DJ pippi mode which is being worked on.
Zetta

Azure_Kyte wrote:

Well, I've always thought it'd have to do with a beat/slider's x or y coordinates in a beatmap.
Goddamnit your avatar had me looking at it for about 2 mintues going "Is he blinking?" and everytime he would begin to blink I would blink so i'd have to wait for him to blink again. -_-

Also, wtf, 14 keys, why would you do this?
awp

Zetta wrote:

7 would be perfect for emulating (my) drums rock-band style, 5 would be good to make a guitar hero clone with

I'd support the 7-key mode because I have a 7-piece drumkit (ignoring the dual-trigger pads) and oh that'd be fun
MMzz
What ever happend to Roko's DJpippi idea?