forum

Taking notes with my tablet, need a good program.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dravire
Hey guys, first time posting here. No idea if this is the correct place to ask a question like this, but here i go!

I've always wanted to use my osu-tablet (wacom) as a way to take notes in school. I'm wondering if any of you have any good programs that I can use. As of yet I have checked out smoothdraw 4, windows journal, bamboo page and "paint".

Also, is it possible to bind my pen buttons so they change/swap the cursor/line color?

Thank you. ;) thought I needed an awkward smiley somewhere
Rilene
I wish I had a graphics tablet.
The Gambler

Dravire wrote:

Hey guys, first time posting here. No idea if this is the correct place to ask a question like this, but here i go!

I've always wanted to use my osu-tablet (wacom) as a way to take notes in school. I'm wondering if any of you have any good programs that I can use. As of yet I have checked out smoothdraw 4, windows journal, bamboo page and "paint".

Also, is it possible to bind my pen buttons so they change/swap the cursor/line color?

Thank you. ;) thought I needed an awkward smiley somewhere
You could always try OneNote from Microsoft or Bamboo Paper from Wacom.
The Gambler
If you're feeling brave you could always use art programs and preload them with a ruled/grid template...
Like Fire Alpaca, SAI, maybe MS Paint???
Topic Starter
Dravire

The Gambler wrote:

If you're feeling brave you could always use art programs and preload them with a ruled/grid template...
Like Fire Alpaca, SAI, maybe MS Paint???
Will try, thanks
Shohei Ohtani
Just use a notebook wtf tryna be new age and shit
The Gambler

Reditum wrote:

Just use a notebook wtf tryna be new age and shit
Saves me from a visit to the chiro (including me). Carrying 6 textbooks everyday (at least A4-sized and 1.5 inches thick) with notebooks doesn't do backs any wonders.
Shohei Ohtani
Oh wait I forgot high school is a thing :P

Honestly, do you need every single textbook you have? I know lots of classes dont use the textbook every day, so that might be helpful to take out books that youre not using in class.
The Gambler

Reditum wrote:

Oh wait I forgot high school is a thing :P

Honestly, do you need every single textbook you have? I know lots of classes dont use the textbook every day, so that might be helpful to take out books that youre not using in class.
IB is a thing... And it happens.
Daru
I personally use MS Journal for taking notes on my tablet.

It's a very barebones way of doing it and works well for my workflow - strokes are applied as pressure-sensitive vector strokes which is very nice.

EDIT:
Here's an example of notes that I've taken with it: http://darue.s-ul.eu/n2ok7iN2.pdf