forum

Separated score rankings: overall top 40 and "no-mods" top 1 [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
tibyandy
When I'm playing OSU, I think it's quite frustrating that I can never reach the top 40 scores, mainly because I play without mods and they give a great score boost.

What I am suggesting is to create (besides the existing top 40 scores) a "no mods" top 10 scores, so the best 10 scores without mods could be displayed and replayed.

Frankly, I think disturbing to enable mods just to enter the score ranking... I play to listen to the song and to appreciate the song, not to distort the music nor making it impossible. And I think people who'd like to play it "clean" would also appreciate this separated score ranking.
blissfulyoshi
If this score board was implemented, the only thing at the top of it will be people who get SSs and spin fast, especially on the lower diffs. This type of scoreboard will not help your scenario at all. Is there a problem with enjoying the music and not getting on the highscore board? Also, only double time screws up how a song sounds, and it is next to impossible for most players to do on the harder maps. I guess the only solution I have is play harder maps if you want to get to the top of the scoreboard using the minimum amount of mods.

No support.
(I am pretty sure this was posted and denied before, but I don't know where the thread(s) is/are)

Edit: Sorry Derekku
Derekku
Pretty sure this has already been requested. The conclusion was that those who used the mods and got higher scores deserved the higher ranks, and that's why there's a score bonus in the first place. Also, think about the following things:

Hard/Insane difficulties usually only have a few scores with mods on the leaderboard, so it's easy enough to get into the top 40/50.

Easier difficulties would just be flooded with SS's, and only those who achieved high spinner bonuses would show up on the leaderboard (due to so many people trying to get in the top 40/50).

tl;dr - A separate leaderboard would just be useless.

EDIT: DANGIT YOSHI NINJA ALASJDLFK

EDIT 2: ilu yoshi <3