forum

[Archived] osu! on Mac

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Purpzuki
Problem Details:
I think I have played the update before so I don't think it's because of any changes. I restarted my computer a few times since and every time I try to open the application, it gives the error shown in the screenshot. I tried redownloading and installing osu! but ended up with the same error.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150901 (latest)
A-Kun_old_1
I am having the same issue. This happened after updating to OS X El Capitan Public Beta.
Topic Starter
Purpzuki

orz321 wrote:

I am having the same issue. This happened after updating to OS X El Capitan Public Beta.
Same for me, just realized my Mac had upgraded to that after my dad fixed some iMessage issues. Hopefully osu! come out with an update configured to work with El Capitan.
PizzaLovers007
Try activating this setting in the wine configuration:

You can get to that screen by finding your osu!.app, right clicking, and selecting "Show Package Contents". Then open the Wineskin.app and going to "Set Screen Options".
A-Kun_old_1

PizzaLovers007 wrote:

You can get to that screen by finding your osu!.app, right clicking, and selecting "Show Package Contents". Then open the Wineskin.app and going to "Set Screen Options".

Doesn't work for me. After checking that box, osu! crashes on launch even without an error dialog box.
Topic Starter
Purpzuki

PizzaLovers007 wrote:

Same goes for me, not working.

I upgraded my Java and I get a different error now.

PizzaLovers007
Yeah I'm not sure how much help I can give. Most people can't even get the game to run on Yosemite, so I assume El Capitan is worse :/