forum

Making 1k/2k/3k Rankable

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +7
Topic Starter
lemountain
Osu!Mania is fun, but I've been thinking about beginner o!m players (Like Me) that would like to play osu!mania with less buttons. Since it's less it would of course give less points.
Bara-
LOL
1/2/3 are much harder then 4+ due to high amounts of jacks
Mad Machine 1K is 100x harder then Mad Machine 9k due to the impossible streams
I see no need for this
Karukami
Yeah it's true that 1k maps get a high star rating because it's pure jacks xD
but maybe they could rank 3k someday, who knows? :)
We need more 9k maps before that though :?
Bara-
3k should probably be fine someday indeed
1k definitely not
2k might also be quite impossible though
abraker
Why not make 10k rankable while you are at it?
OzzyOzrock
Let's make a Synthesia mod!
Shohei Ohtani
If youre a beginner osu!mania player you should probably just play beginner leveled maps.
Rilene
1k is absolutely a NO, it's like everyone even a newbie can map 1k and will end up being a complete jacks.
2k might be possible, like in o2Jam, on mobile devices but >50% of all notes will still be jacks.
3k could be potentially be rankable.

Reditum wrote:

If youre a beginner osu!mania player you should probably just play beginner leveled maps.
I guess not really, I noticed majority of the beginner/easy maps contains 1/4 and lots of 1/2 which is plain hard for beginners (even my friend complained that the intro is harder than the chorus because of 1/2), ranked beginner maps with only 1/1 and 2/1 is pretty rare, or maybe I jjust haven't checked all maps yet.
Wind_14

Sirade wrote:

I guess not really, I noticed majority of the beginner/easy maps contains 1/4 and lots of 1/2 which is plain hard for beginners (even my friend complained that the intro is harder than the chorus because of 1/2), ranked beginner maps with only 1/1 and 2/1 is pretty rare, or maybe I jjust haven't checked all maps yet.
Not really, most beginner maps still using 1/1 with several 1/2 notes. If your friend said that so much 1/4 notes, perhaps he is playing at 2.5* or bigger ? and 2/1 note is a no-no, makes me die of waiting even when i first playing mania, better play converted that have so much LN for easy maps. Map of 1/1 usually have difficulty about 1.5*, which is pretty good for training.

And even 3k is pretty hard to ranked, still too much jack... it's better to start training to map 8k and 9k, since most 8k beatmaps is still 7k+1, not a full 8k spread...
Rilene

Wind_14 wrote:

Not really, most beginner maps still using 1/1 with several 1/2 notes. If your friend said that so much 1/4 notes, perhaps he is playing at 2.5* or bigger ? and 2/1 note is a no-no, makes me die of waiting even when i first playing mania, better play converted that have so much LN for easy maps. Map of 1/1 usually have difficulty about 1.5*, which is pretty good for training.
Oh well, beginners map less than 1.5* is pretty rare, but still it is weird to play that the chorus is easier than the intro, on some songs.
And he plays on NM map, which is around 2.2-ish, still has 1/4 (not so frequent) and 1/2.

Wind_14 wrote:

And even 3k is pretty hard to ranked, still too much jack... it's better to start training to map 8k and 9k, since most 8k beatmaps is still 7k+1, not a full 8k spread...
3K is possible without jacks, but beyond Hard diff or high BPM songs would result in jacks.
So 3K is only good for slow/calm songs.
OperaMini0
I don't think that doing it for beginners would be too useful. You don't learn to play 4k by playing 2k and you don't learn to play 7k by playing 4k. And on 2k, I don't think that it would be easy to see the difference between a 2k chart and an autoconvert.

Ranking more charts with a star rating under 1.00 on 4k and 7k would probably help beginners more.
Karukami
We still need way more 5k, 6k, 8k and 9k maps...!! >:(
OperaMini0
Yeah, there aren't many charts for higher key counts, so people who know how to play/want to play 8k/9k (or 14k/16k if it was implemented) have to play the bms/pms charts that were made for LR2 since they don't have anything to play on osu.