forum

Option to disable epilepsy warning [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Chata_old
I'm rather shocked when I see the epilepsy warning infesting all the new maps I downloaded this august. I thought there were new updates/policies occurring in the time I'm not playing the game. Imagine my surprise when I figured out that this is a rather old feature in osu. I've never seen this (rather stupid kind) of warning ever in the songs I played before. As pointed out in other thread, it's rather pointless to warn it when the song start/downloaded (waste of bandwidth) and in some songs it introduces a very annoying and intrusive sign when the beats are already playing. And I don't think it's so difficult to add a 'Show epilepsy warning' toggle in the option to turn this 'feature' off.

tl;dr:
Please add an option to toggle epilepsy warning
Emdyion
Maybe the epilepsy warning could be moved somewhere that it won't be that annoying to you?
Other than that, it's better for the warning to show up.
What if you're affected by epilepsy, and you don't have a warning?
Better safe than sorry.
No support.
Zekira
Please add an option to toggle
inb4deny
James2250
Yeah this isn't going to happen, the warning is meant to be as visible as possible and toggle just isn't worth it
blissfulyoshi
Do you have any examples of the epilepsy getting in the way of beats during a song? All ranked songs should not have the epilepsy warning affecting you after the beats start to show.
Derekku

The sticky wrote:

Don't request a toggle for disabling [insert new feature here] unless you want peppy to come to your house with a baseball bat.
As stated in the other thread, the issue of the warning overlapping beats will be fixed.

That is all.
Topic Starter
Chata_old

James2250 wrote:

Yeah this isn't going to happen, the warning is meant to be as visible as possible and toggle just isn't worth it
A neat example is ztrot's la di da where it got a modified version of the warning, it's unobtrusive and less visible. And in higher difficulties, you won't even notice that the warning is there, giving it an even less purpose to be there at all. It's like ztrot pushed the warning just for the beatmap to be fulfilling the 'requirement'.

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Do you have any examples of the epilepsy getting in the way of beats during a song? All ranked songs should not have the epilepsy warning affecting you after the beats start to show.
Most of the time it's just being an annoying distraction, like this one.

Emdyion wrote:

Maybe the epilepsy warning could be moved somewhere that it won't be that annoying to you?
Other than that, it's better for the warning to show up.
What if you're affected by epilepsy, and you don't have a warning?
Better safe than sorry.
No support.
I don't mean to be offensive but if it's me, I'd stay away from games like this. It's not worth risking my life (ex. what if someone forgot to slap a warning and no one notice a bm that induces seizures and I play it?).

Derekku wrote:

The sticky wrote:

Don't request a toggle for disabling [insert new feature here] unless you want peppy to come to your house with a baseball bat.
As stated in the other thread, the issue of the warning overlapping beats will be fixed.

That is all.

the sticky wrote:

Don't request anything that has already been rejected unless you have a really good reason as to why it shouldn't have been rejected.
I gave my reasons.
Takuma

James2250 wrote:

The warning is for players who are epileptic. It's useless to those who aren't. It's already been denied but whatever.
blissfulyoshi

Derekku wrote:

That is all.
Note: Here is a link to the other thread that Derekku was talking about viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28105&st=0&sk=t&sd=a