forum

[mania+hr] score not count if any wrong key is pushed down

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Arczii
My old idea
Now:
If note D is going down and you push DFJK keys in this same time, score is counting up.

My proposal:
If note D is going down, score is counting up when you push D key only. Else you break combo*.

*It concerns the moment when note is on stage. If no note on stage or middle part of slider on stage, still can freestyle-click with rhytm.
Deimos' idea

Deimos wrote:

instead of trying to change the normal behaviour, how about a new mod? which is more strictly with the input like you suggested

modifying hardrock (currently unranked mod in mania like relax/autopilot in Standard) would be fit as best for the purpose

Now:
If note D is going down and you push DFJK keys in this same time, score is counting up.

My and Deimos proposal:
Modify hard rock mod. If note D is going down, score is counting up when you push D key only. Else you break combo*.

*It concerns the moment when note is on stage. If no note on stage or middle part of slider on stage, still can freestyle-click with rhytm.
Bara-
No
This'll break a major part of all scores and forces a full reprocess of ALL scores, thus pp
Topic Starter
Arczii

Baraatje123 wrote:

No
This'll break a major part of all scores and forces a full reprocess of ALL scores, thus pp
This is not good argument. When Peppy released new score system to OSU!, players just had to deal with it.
In my opinion osu!mania score counting is poor and easy to cheat.
Bara-
When did score ever change?
Pp did change, yes, but map specific rankings/leaderboards and accuracy did not
Yauxo
I could imagine that this easily creates some kind of notelock with 1/8th and 1/16th notes when pressing a wrong one too early and then messing up the timing with the actual note.

Either way, I dont think that this is necessary. I mean, yea, people hammering all the buttons if they cant do it is one thing, but taking away all room for possible slight mistakes isnt the way to go. Sometimes it just happens that you press a wrong note which is next to the right one. Now what. :v
Deimos
the way how mania works is the same in all other game modes

instead of trying to change the normal behaviour, how about a new mod? which is more strictly with the input like you suggested

modifying hardrock (currently unranked mod in mania like relax/autopilot in Standard) would best fit for the purpose
abraker
Doable for a mod, but this idea is too obvious not to be asked before. Would be surprised if it hasn't at least been mentioned somewhere.
LastExceed
I like the idea, not being allowed to do "empty" hits in hr makes sense in my eyes. Reworking the scoring system also wouldn't be a problem since hr is unranked anyway.
Wind_14
Hmmm... not a problem, HR is unranked. Yet what should you do if you are playing 1/16 note like AiAe'Wafles'SHD ? auto miss, of course. Afterall, LN with the length about 1/4 have pressing time that is not really different with pressing a single note already.