forum

Headphones

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
I Give Up
Genius HS G550 GX or Corsair Vengeance 1300/1500 which better?
deletemyaccount
neither.

edit: sorry I just realised this probably wasn't helpful. What is your budget?
Topic Starter
I Give Up
Those are the only 2 options I can get for cheap and I don't feel like ordering fancy headsets from overseas and pay shit loads. Budget $100
deletemyaccount

KukiMonster wrote:

Those are the only 2 options I can get for cheap and I don't feel like ordering fancy headsets from overseas and pay shit loads. Budget $100
Steelseries Siberia v2 or Kingston HyperX Cloud Core.
ZenithPhantasm

Philantropist wrote:

KukiMonster wrote:

Synpoo

Philantropist wrote:

KukiMonster wrote:

Steelseries Siberia v2
Gumpy
just get a pair of earphones.
Bauxe
tbh I played on $1 earphones for about 6 months. I only just bought some headphones 2 days ago.
deletemyaccount
Headphones are an investment in my opinion, but it's not worth shelling out if you're the kind of person who doesn't care about audio quality.

I'm personally not a big fan of gaming headsets because they tend to have sub-par sound as a sacrifice for an attached mic, but they are an ideal product for the average gamer. YMMV I guess
chainpullz

Philantropist wrote:

Headphones are an investment in my opinion, but it's not worth shelling out if you're the kind of person who doesn't care about audio quality.

I'm personally not a big fan of gaming headsets because they tend to have sub-par sound as a sacrifice for an attached mic, but they are an ideal product for the average gamer. YMMV I guess
For the same price as a gaming headset you can get a good mic and much much better audio headphones. :roll: :roll: :roll:
-Makishima S-
Headphones so without mic, my proposition:

- Audio-Technica ATH-M50x - solid, very good sound quality, low weight. For amount of quality what you get (worth of "named by Sennheiser / Creative" where you pay more for shiny name), price is very good and with luck, you might find them at ~100$ (maybe +10/20$ diffrence).

- Shure SRH440 - a bit lower quality than one above but for price of ~80$ it's pretty good

While being out of PC / with notebook on the trip, i normaly use earphones Sennheiser CX (cost ~60$), they are also decent but depends if you like earphones.
ZenithPhantasm
I have Shure 840 but too lazy to plug them in. They work good on my phone tho.
Noobsicle
get cloud core
idk which nz store is good
also some rough conversions from usd to nzd that i pulled from my ass

m50x = ~$200+ wow i got mine for $160 last year lol
srh440 = ~$110+
Daborgia
When you are near germany:

Look for some Superlux Hd 681 Evo. Its maybe 25-30 Euros and its worth it^^
Topic Starter
I Give Up

Philantropist wrote:

Thanks. I choose cloud core.

Gumpyyy wrote:

just get a pair of earphones.
Don't like earphone.

Bauxe wrote:

tbh I played on $1 earphones for about 6 months. I only just bought some headphones 2 days ago.
I play on laptop speaker for over 6 month time for me to get headphone too :D

chainpullz wrote:

For the same price as a gaming headset you can get a good mic and much much better audio headphones. :roll: :roll: :roll:
No I can't :|

[Taiga] wrote:

Audio-Technica ATH-M50x
Too expensive.

[Taiga] wrote:

Shure SRH440
Also too expensive. These suggestions are over $200 lol. If I had that money I wouldn't bother making thread and just buy an AKG lol

Noobsicle wrote:

get cloud core
I will :)

Daborgia wrote:

When you are near germany:

Look for some Superlux Hd 681 Evo. Its maybe 25-30 Euros and its worth it^^
Hi^^ thanks.
vsprite
Razer kraken is really good its lite too.
Topic Starter
I Give Up
I was considering krakens but really their quality is not worth the price tag and not as good as the other competitors.
deletemyaccount

KukiMonster wrote:

Thanks. I choose cloud core.
Good choice. The HyperX headsets use Takstar Pro 80s as OEM, which probably makes them one of the best gaming headsets in my opinion.
ZenithPhantasm
HyperX Cloud 2