forum

Can someone make a osu widget for Windows/Mac/Whatever?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dddsasul
The idea is that you have on your desktop a medium-small (by deault) square with your profile picture that has on it overlayed:
- Your pp
- Your Rank (Global)
- Your Rank (Country)
A Small button that apears outside the square and if you click it it opens a "page" (from the widget not your browser) that contains your full profile.
It should also have a setting button where you can change the color scheme, the dimensions and how often dooes it update the info. This should be something light on your sistem because all it does is get some numbers and then shouw them. Also it should have an option to update only when you click on the widget.If that option is checked then every time you put your mouse over the widget a refresh button should apear and only when you clickit it will update the info. Aditional features (not important can be omited):
- A search box to see other profiles that will open a compare window between your profile and theirs.
- A map recomandation section that will give you a map on your level that you haven't already downloaded (this should have a slider that you use it for selecting the dificulty because altough acording to your stats you should play better maps or slower maps everybody has his/her preferences so that slider will increas/decrease dificulty from the "what you should normaly play"
- An mp3 player, why not. It would be nice to be able to listen to your downloaded maps of course with a play/pause button, previous/skip & stop.
- A sugestion button where you can sugest what you want changed or added to the widget
- A Skin option so you can modify the shape and etc. if you modify the shape and the picture does not match the shape, the picture should have a fade effect around it to your decided color.
I know it's much that's why the last part was at aditional. I hope you like my :idea: ;)
P.S. I'm not a native english speaker so sorry if I made mistakes also if you don't understand something I'll do my best to explain it again.
[ Renpai ]
You seem to have a very wrong idea on how much time and effort it actually takes to create such a tool.

Your idea is interesting to say the least, but I doubt that anyone capable of putting this idea into reality would be up to take over a such medium-sized project suggested by an ideas guy.

Instead of waiting for a volunteer, why not learn some programming yourself whilst developing the project yourself? Then you will at least learn something and who knows, maybe you even enjoy it and keep it as an hobby or even turn it into a profession some day.
Topic Starter
Dddsasul

[ Renpai ] wrote:

You seem to have a very wrong idea on how much time and effort it actually takes to create such a tool.

Your idea is interesting to say the least, but I doubt that anyone capable of putting this idea into reality would be up to take over a such medium-sized project suggested by an ideas guy.

Instead of waiting for a volunteer, why not learn some programming yourself whilst developing the project yourself? Then you will at least learn something and who knows, maybe you even enjoy it and keep it as an hobby or even turn it into a profession some day.
Well i know a little java but I am nowhere near making a program 1st of all I am in highschool, I know that it will take some time. I posted this here becase I am not capable of doing this.
Ciuriya
I made a tool a few months which does some of this, check it out here. I might add some of those sometime this week or the other too :)