forum

[resolved] Toggling combo colours on/off

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Snowwy
Problem Details:

Basically yesterday I re-installed osu (without deleting my skins and songs folders) and now I find myself playing with beats that keep on chaging colours. I researched this and apparently they are called "combo colours". I've been searching for a while and I can't find any theads explaining how to disable these combo colours so that the approach circles of my game are white-only, and not blue, red, yellow... as I find these to be distracting in-game.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

My friend somehow has his combo colours off, this is what WubWoofWolf skin version 1.6.1 looks like for him:

And this is how the exact same skin looks like for me (don't mind the grey background):

osu! version: 20150826.3 (latest)
Trosk-
Check that you have this option enabled:

If it's actually the same skin, it should work properly enabling that option.

And as a side note: The combo colors are not disabled, they are set to white on the skin.ini archive.

eugene0420
His skin works well for me...
Try these steps:
1. Replace approachcircle.png in skin file with this --> http://puu.sh/jP6NW.png

2. Make sure your skin.ini have these lines:
[Colours]
Combo1: 255,255,255
Combo2: 255,255,255
Combo3: 255,255,255
Combo4: 255,255,255
SliderBorder: 255,255,255
If it still doesn't work try re-downloading the skin.
Topic Starter
Snowwy

Trosk- wrote:

And as a side note: The combo colors are not disabled, they are set to white on the skin.ini archive.

Trosk- wrote:

Thanks! It worked perfectly after toggling "ignore all beatmap skins" :)
Trosk-

Snowwy wrote:

Thanks! It worked perfectly after toggling "ignore all beatmap skins" :)
No problem. Keep in mind that if you don't enable that option, the skin will take the combo colors from the beatmap and not from the skin.ini :P