forum

Unlimited Chat Lines [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Shinde
You know how eventually chat starts to disappear after about, what 80 lines? It's very bothersome at times when you want to save a conversation, especially when you afk and someone highlights you, etc. So I'm requesting that chat becomes unlimited, or an option is implemented to allow you to set the number of lines before chat starts disappearing. (Ex. 50,100,200,500,Unlimited.) It would be nice to have this for PMs, and possibly for channels as well.

That's about it. inb4 "Lol use IRC"
qlum
Support if its not a duplicate
Azure_Kite
As well as this, I'd appreciate an "#afk" channel, where if somebody highlights you in public chat, the highlighted message is sent there as well. Preferably this wouldn't wipe if/when you disconnect from bancho, like #osu.

For implementation of unlimited lines in public chat however, I'm guessing with unlimited lines enabled,osu RAM usage could potentially increase to absurd levels.... so would it be strange or silly for #activechannel to log new messages somewhere on the harddisk to prevent this?

Or something.

Anyways, Support.
Topic Starter
Shinde
I dunno, strager told me RAM was a non-issue and laughed at me. Apparently a year worth of #osu chat logs is about 250MB so. A day's worth would only be like 800kb of RAM usage, I think?
Azure_Kite
Oh yeah, offtopic, what's with the sig? did strager meet a windshield or something?
Topic Starter
Shinde
He got ker-banned. Possibly permanantly, I'm not really sure lol. He was messing with the name changing thing. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34698

So anyways. Yes, unlimited chat line.
peppy
I've increased the buffer from 120 to 500 lines. I don't see a need to offer any more than this.
Topic Starter
Shinde
I love you.