forum

Multiplayer: Mod handicaps [waiting]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Sinistro
The other day I was thinking that if a rookie wants to play a difficult map in multiplayer, it's no fun if he loses quickly. Applying No Fail as a mod can help with this, but this got me thinking about being able to also apply mods individually to players in a room, instead of the map in general, as a method of assigning handicaps. I guess the host can have the power to apply these by clicking on a player name and having a list of mods pop up or something, preferrably after discussing it with other players.

It just came to me, though, that Half Time and Double time can possibly cause problems with syncing or something, if the map is going to have different lengths for people? Guess that leaves us with Easy, No Fail, Hard Rock, and maybe No Video, since Relax and Taiko will probably not be used individually, and there's no point to MP Sudden Death. Huh, this doesn't sound so great an idea now, but it's still not completely bad, I think. Thoughts?
Echo
Maybe a handicap bar that you can adjust?
Gemi
I think there's potential in this suggestion, but the actual implementation needs to be thought out very carefully. Mods placed by the host would probably work well if they are clearly shown to other players and everyone needs to accept them by making themselves "ready" again.
awp

Echo49 wrote:

Maybe a handicap bar that you can adjust?
That's what I was thinking. A slider, possibly that temporarily adjusts the "Difficulty slider" for a given player. Host assigns the handicap, and the player receiving the handicap must choose to accept or reject the handicap for it to apply.
YoshiKart
I just want someway to adjust the hit circle size (bigger) without using the Easy mod and making everyone angry for changing the mod. Handycap for certain players for just the avg. difficulty, circle size, and HP drain rate?
peppy
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
An64fan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Zerostarry

peppy wrote:

unranked multiplayer, which will be coming in the near future.
Hey wait, this thread is ooold D:

I'm looking forward to this feature :3
Haneii
Bringing this request back to life :P

110% support!

oops just noticed this is under completed requests/waiting. sorry :oops:

oh well - still can't wait :D
Derekku

Haneii wrote:

oops just noticed this is under completed requests/waiting. sorry :oops:

oh well - still can't wait :D
That's because requests used to automatically move here after 4 weeks of inactivity. However, peppy seems to be against unranked/offline plays nowadays (this request was made only a few months after osu! was up and running), so that could change this request a bit...