Shuffle in osu! [Denied]

posted
Total Posts

Does this happen to you?

Yes, I know exactly how you feel.
83.33%
No, it doesn't seem like that at all.
0.00%
I don't listen to osu! on the main menu screen.
16.67%
Total votes: 12
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
jojo7747
I listen to the music in osu! way more than I actually play and I've noticed that there's something strange about the way it shuffles through it's songs.
While shuffling, I'll listen to about 30%-50% of the songs I have while some songs never appear that I know I have.
I'm not entirely sure what it is but I feel as though it resets the song count after it goes to the next song so the chances of it picking the same songs are higher.
That's just a guess and this isn't terribly important or anything but can something be done to check this out?

Since this is a feature request, the best thing I can say is if it's possible to make it so each time osu! is launched that it makes a unique random set playlist and clicking next will make it go down it, making it impossible to choose the same song at all.
Kitsunemimi
That could potentially slow down osu! startup....... by a bit.

But then again, it would have to go through your entire songlist (and that takes a while), then it would have to sort them (and that could be another little while depending on how many songs you have). So I'm not sure about this one. And besides, if you have a lot of really random songs like NicoNicoDouga randomness, osu! will go through them inevitably. I find myself hitting F5 a lot, so I only really use osu!'s music when chatting around IRC.
adam2046
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=24544
peppy's post. As far as I know, the jukebox chooses songs the same way as the random map button.
Also I don't like the idea of a song not appearing twice.