forum

[duplicate] ''Report User'' button on user profiles

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Rinzee
In the wake of recent posts about some cheaters even making it as far as Top 100 before getting banned, and the seemingly only way the community can help speed up the process of these users being removed is by making reddit posts (lol), Seriously though.

Starting off i'd just like to say that I am fully aware that there is a !report feature in-game, but the reason i am suggesting this is because it would still be a nice feature to have seeing as pretty much every other game with an online leaderboard has it , and you'd be suprised as to how many people who are bored browse several pages of https://osu.ppy.sh/p/pp and just check out people's profiles, and regularly stumble across cheaters and multi accounts, but are too lazy to actually get in-game and report them.

So, why not add a simple, small ''Report User'' icon somewhere on every user profile? If these cheating users get enough reports, their profile will get flagged, adding their profile links to a list that any online staff members can check out and act accordingly. There would obviously have to be restrictions as to how many unique reports an account would need in order to get flagged and added to the list, so this wouldn't get abused by people just to waste the time of the staff. To add to this, the staff could chose to whitelist some names of very high profile players and streamers if they were to get constantly reported by trolls (Think along the lines of ''Hvick225 665pp score? Hacker, Kappa'' and ''HappyStick not restricted? Reported.'')

Here is a very rough example made in paint of where this report button could be placed. If you feel this placement is a bit too ''right in your face'', it could be placed somewhere at the bottom of every userpage instead, so it's less visible. (NOTE: The user in the picture has already been banned and is just used as an example):

I want to reiterate that if this feature was to be implemented it obviously wouldn't matter what the shape and color of the button would be, as long as it'd be found somewhere on the profile page. The button would also only be visible when viewing someone else's profile (There'd really be no point in giving you the oprion to report yourself, right?)

Discuss below. :)
silmarilen
Arusamour
no. stupid.
drum drum

silmarilen wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/t/344443
Bump and support this
Toadsworth
You can report the users scores on the beat map page (if they are top 50 on a beat map), as well as in game. I don't think this is needed.
Bara-
It's already a duplicate, why bump this?
Also, it is usefull, for forum misbrhaviour