forum

[Archived] Can't Start osu! in OpenGL (on Wine at least)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TehTotalPwnage
Problem Details:
I'm running osu! on top of a Wine install in Ubuntu and am trying to switch over to OpenGL for better performance, since DirectX and Wine do not go well together. However, every time I switch over to OpenGL in the settings, osu! restarts and opens up in DirectX again. I've checked the Terminal and am pretty sure it's not a driver issue since no errors about OpenGL are being thrown. I've tried manually editing the settings in my configuration file, but those aren't working either.

osu! version: 20150807 (latest)
Trosk-
Well, as far as I know, OpenGL is not supported on Wine, as is said here.

I don't have a clue about Wine tho, sorry if I'm wrong.
Arcane

TehTotalPwnage wrote:

Problem Details:
I'm running osu! on top of a Wine install in Ubuntu and am trying to switch over to OpenGL for better performance, since DirectX and Wine do not go well together. However, every time I switch over to OpenGL in the settings, osu! restarts and opens up in DirectX again. I've checked the Terminal and am pretty sure it's not a driver issue since no errors about OpenGL are being thrown. I've tried manually editing the settings in my configuration file, but those aren't working either.

osu! version: 20150807 (latest)
`

hahah well XDDD i had 1000000 attempts to try running osu on Linux XDD but i couldnt manage to do it well i Always got :

- Errors
- like you said the OpenGL bug
- wine disfunctions

i have 6 years of Linux experience XDD and well ... i simply couldnt so sorry i cant help you. :cry:
peppy
cutting edge will work under wine with opengl. stable won't.
Arcane
ahh okay thanks~ :D