forum

[resolved] Brand-new high-end pc drops to 60 FPS

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Captain
Problem Details: I've just bought a new high-end gaming laptop but whenever i open osu, it starts at 1600 FPS and then drops fast down to 50-70 FPS (Without me doing anything)

I started out believing that it was Windows 8.1.. So i upgraded to Windows 10, but it's still the same problem.

The FPS limiter is at Unlimited and there's no difference in both the stable version AND the Cutting Edge version

I am clueless right now so if someone have any tips, please help me ;_;

osu! version: 20150810.3cuttingedge
peppy
Either VSync is being enforced or your PC is overheating and capping itself to prevent damage.
Trosk-
What are your PC specifications? Probably your PC is using the integrated GPU instead of the high performance GPU and that causes the drop... If it's not that, maybe it is what peppy said above.
Arcane
i personally dont think so because he wont be able to start at 1600 fps XD and overheating with a new pc well... hmm i dont know maby you have a Fan booster built into your pc 9Just like me) . or maby you should take a look at your energy settings of your laptop try putting in on highperformance mode instead of balanced and if you do not have it already, the drivers :D Drivers are Always important ^^
Topic Starter
Captain
Thanks for your help ^^

I'm not even sure myself but somehow i got it to go to 250-350 FPS!

And i can definately live with that :3

Looking forward to playing again now <3
shasta
I've had this type of issue.
It definatly could be a PSU problem, since laptops arent that large and cant handle a larger higher wattage PSU. That is unfortunatly pretty impossible to fix since it is a laptop. It also very well might be your laptop overheating (laptops overheat easily)

Edit: im a retard and didnt see the last post ;-;
TheVileOne
It's good that you found an adequate solution.