forum

Hetalia fans here on Osu!?

posted
Total Posts
show more
chaee
Shohei Ohtani
Hetalia is cool when you read the synopsis because it's countries set in a WWII setting where every country is a personified character. There's a perfect set-up for an action/drama war anime where you see the internal struggles of the countries through war and see how they're torn apart and eventually all brought back together. It'd be interesting to see how one country (whom is considered a loser in the war) would identify and personify all of the other countries that it had fought with, as it gives an insight onto the japanese views of WWII.

But it turns out to be a ditzy girly anime that honestly would work better as a kid's show on Disney Junior.

And it also spawns the most annoying fanbase I've ever seen. I talk a lot of shit about fanbases, but things like Naruto and Bleach tend to have shitty fanbases because the people are generally overly serious about their shit, and they tend to be really immature. Hetalia, however, multiplies that and is filled with 14-30 year old girls who tend to have no life goals in their future apart from their art/sewing "career" while living with their mom, all of which tend to be incredibly loud and squealy and will almost always have at least some sort of emotional stability problems. They cosplay these silly interpretations of these countries and spend all of their time screaming "PASTA!! PASTA!!!!" hoping that people will find them funny.

It's not only a bad series (and yes, I've watched all of it.), but it's also a huge dissapointment, because on paper, it could have been a seriously amazing anime, and I'm hoping it gets a reboot some day as a more serious anime.
B1rd
So there are Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan chibi characters? Sounds fantastic.
Chaosemerald
Me! :D
I've only read the manga though, but I've also watched some episodes of the anime and it's really awesome too
Witch Mercy
omg yes my yaoi ships *_*
chaee
I only ever read yaoi doujin's of the characters. High five gracie ^^
Bweh
Moved.
Green Platinum

Reditum wrote:

And it also spawns the most annoying fanbase I've ever seen. I talk a lot of shit about fanbases, but things like Naruto and Bleach tend to have shitty fanbases because the people are generally overly serious about their shit, and they tend to be really immature. Hetalia, however, multiplies that and is filled with 14-30 year old girls who tend to have no life goals in their future apart from their art/sewing "career" while living with their mom, all of which tend to be incredibly loud and squealy and will almost always have at least some sort of emotional stability problems. They cosplay these silly interpretations of these countries and spend all of their time screaming "PASTA!! PASTA!!!!" hoping that people will find them funny.
My experience too.
But is it really any worse than Poi
Navizel
If you're talking about Poi in KanColle then yes

Hetalia is fujoshi fuel and seeing how most fans of the show are 14 year old fujo weebs..
Green Platinum

Navizel wrote:

Hetalia is fujoshi fuel and seeing how most fans of the show are 14 year old fujo weebs..
Seems about the same to me
Navizel
I don't know. Maybe I haven't seen enough KanColle fans.
Mafuuu
Not that big of a fan now but I was really fond of it when I watched it. I was a new anime watcher and a friend happened to be watching it so I got into it too. I happily talked about it with other people until the yaoi shippers scared me off. Their enthusiasm was a little too much for me at the time...

(Still won't stop me from watching the new season though)
Topic Starter
Offdensen

B1rd wrote:

So there are Nazi Germany and Imperial Japan chibi characters? Sounds fantastic.
Whoa,whoa,whoa. Hetalia doesn't show any Nazi's (Germany may say something about them in axis powers)
And chibi characters that can haunt your soul? yep.
Topic Starter
Offdensen

Graciee wrote:

omg yes my yaoi ships *_*
All of the APH Yaoi ships. they are life.
Topic Starter
Offdensen

Chaosemerald wrote:

Me! :D
I've only read the manga though, but I've also watched some episodes of the anime and it's really awesome too
The anime is amazing! Though i'm planning to get the manga for christmas (Axis powers volume 6)
Topic Starter
Offdensen

Reditum wrote:

Hetalia is cool when you read the synopsis because it's countries set in a WWII setting where every country is a personified character. There's a perfect set-up for an action/drama war anime where you see the internal struggles of the countries through war and see how they're torn apart and eventually all brought back together. It'd be interesting to see how one country (whom is considered a loser in the war) would identify and personify all of the other countries that it had fought with, as it gives an insight onto the japanese views of WWII.

But it turns out to be a ditzy girly anime that honestly would work better as a kid's show on Disney Junior.

It's not only a bad series (and yes, I've watched all of it.), but it's also a huge dissapointment, because on paper, it could have been a seriously amazing anime, and I'm hoping it gets a reboot some day as a more serious anime.
The show's content rating (for US) is TV-MA,which isn't for kids. There is some parts of the anime when shit gets serious (ex. Revolutionary War,HRE leaving,etc.)
And i'm going to agree with you about the Naruto and Bleach fanbases,TBH those are shit.

It doesn't show which side the show is on due to racism across the world (ex. where I live) and the show has humour and comedic entertainment for teens and adults as well as very mature kids.

Parts of the fanbase is full of yaoi shippers,another part is theory artists. Basically that maybe what their problem is,but i'm not actually like those (even though im 13 like smh)
And the 'PASTA!! Pasta!!' thing is actually newcomers in the fandom,not the older ones because fanfics of APH is sin

So,I may/may not agree with you about this.
Topic Starter
Offdensen

chaee wrote:

https://osu.ppy.sh/forum/75
I have noticed it has been moved. Thanks!
Topic Starter
Offdensen

Green Platinum wrote:

Reditum wrote:

My experience too.
But is it really any worse than Poi
Hey,at least its not like the BnP fandom....
Wonder if there is a Boku no Pico fandom lurking around osu!?
Topic Starter
Offdensen

Navizel wrote:

Nah,Its actually like Yaoi fangirls making up theories about gays in the show tbh (Hetalia)
Green Platinum

FelicianoGasai wrote:

Navizel wrote:

Nah,Its actually like Yaoi fangirls making up theories about gays in the show tbh (Hetalia)
I think you don't know what fujoshi means.
Hidden-

FelicianoGasai wrote:

Navizel wrote:

LOL

Green Platinum wrote:

I think you don't know what fujoshi means.
^That!
Lacrimae
i'm part of the fanbase since 2013 and i'm desperately trying to get over it.

to be honest 75% of the fanbase is cancer and it makes me wonder why am i a part of it.
oh well, at least it has some redeeming factors