forum

Submit "lost" score when connects bancho... [Denied]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Zeugziumy
Sometimes, you're playing, them it lags a bit... Bancho gots down?
Well, and sometimes we stay our accounts connected when playing offiline (no internet at moment, or lost your connection (of the internet) on a music...
So, a good idea but could be hard to make is this:

Osu will take look from all scores and see what was not submitted at the score table.
I got S on the Insane, but I didn't get record, I was without internet.
I don't know if this will be a good idea, will take years to make, it's hard, even I don't know how is the .NET coding...
Also, when happens this, your profile stay logged with no internet/or lost connect, should make an cache file...
Only appear this at the songs list/menus/etc, not on gameplay.

I hope you got the idea...
Thanks very much
I don't care if will be declined or something... I just want expose my ideas
EDIT: Also the difficult at the song name:
Hatsune Miku - Melt [Insane]
Derekku
Bancho tries multiple times to submit your score if it fails in doing so the first time.

peppy has already stated that he won't allow later submission for "lost" scores like these. This is a problem with your internet which needs to be fixed by you/your ISP.
Topic Starter
Zeugziumy

Derekku wrote:

Bancho tries multiple times to submit your score if it fails in doing so the first time.

peppy has already stated that he won't allow later submission for "lost" scores like these. This is a problem with your internet which needs to be fixed by you/your ISP.
My internet isn't a problem, only yesterday I played without internet, I disconnected the wire and other things...
It was just some suggestion...
Derekku
Offline play = local scoring.

Local scores will never be eligible for online rankings.
Topic Starter
Zeugziumy

Derekku wrote:

Offline play = local scoring.

Local scores will never be eligible for online rankings.
I think makes sense
Torran

gabrielwoj wrote:

I think makes sense
True, but I think it's because submitting local scores would make it easier to hack.

@Derekku: I think gabrielwoj wants osu! to try submitting the score without having to keep it on the score screen. Make some kind of queue thing in the bottom or something.
Derekku

soradg123 wrote:

@Derekku: I think gabrielwoj wants osu! to try submitting the score without having to keep it on the score screen. Make some kind of queue thing in the bottom or something.
I see no point in that. If you're having connection problems, then common sense should tell you to stay on the score submission screen and see if it will eventually submit. IIRC, a message pops up stating that Bancho is trying to submit the score if it failed the first time, so that should be enough to tell the player to stay put and wait it out.

Also, why would you leave the screen in the first place if your score didn't submit? "Oh hey my score isn't submitting, so let me try more songs that will fail!" :/
MacDx
I'm pretty new to OSU and a few hours ago I was playing and got my first SS on a 5 star map, but I didn't know why the score didn't upload to the Global Ranking, so I browsed the forum for the first time only to find that my score won't be uploaded and it's lost forever, that's pretty awful. At least you should put a BIG WARNING when scores fail to upload because I didn't notice any message about it.
peppy
I'm sure you can get it again. Ganbare!