forum

[Archived] Cursor Lag

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Homie13
Problem Details: I just upgraded to Windows 10, and I started up osu a while after my laptop was finished. The cursor started to lag when I played. At first it wasn't too noticeable, but then it would slow down while I played . I tried restarted osu and my laptop, and played around with my mouse settings in and out of game, but nothing worked. I was wondering if there was something I could do to fix this.

osu! version: 20150802 (latest)
Trosk-
What do you mean with "lag" and "slow down"? The cursor is moving after your actual movements (input lag) or your cursor is not moving smoothly?

In case it is input lag, if you play on Windowed/Borderless, change to Fullscreen mode to avoid that.
Topic Starter
Homie13
Yes, its input lag. I should have been more specific. And I already tried switching between windowed/borderless to fullscreen. But thanks.
Trosk-

Homie13 wrote:

Yes, its input lag. I should have been more specific. And I already tried switching between windowed/borderless to fullscreen. But thanks.
Then check that you are not using VSync or OpenGL renderer on osu!. If you are using DirectX, not using VSync, and Fullscreen, you shouldn't have input lag.

If you still have it, try to change the osu! release stream to Beta or Cutting Edge.
Topic Starter
Homie13
I tried all of that, and it still won't respond properly. Would reinstalling osu do anything?
Trosk-

Homie13 wrote:

I tried all of that, and it still won't respond properly. Would reinstalling osu do anything?
You could try if you want, but I don't think that is gonna fix anything.
Topic Starter
Homie13
Any other suggestions?
Trosk-
I don't have any more ideas at the moment... The only thing I can think about is to reinstall your GPU drivers. I just installed Windows 10 and I needed to reinstall them to make them work properly.

I'm sorry.
Topic Starter
Homie13
Thanks for all your help :)
Topic Starter
Homie13
Actually could you tell me how to reinstall the drivers?
Trosk-
Some programs and drivers doesn't require you to search how to innstall since they grant you that option. If not, go to the programs list on your Control Panel and uninstall the drivers from there. Depending on your GPU, you should search for NVidia, Intel or AMD. After that, you should restart your PC.

Then, just install the new drivers that you have downloaded from the manufacturer page. You should know if your GPU is NVidia, AMD or Intel.

TheAussie

Homie13 wrote:

I find this hard to believe... that you have tried "all of that" if you had it in fullscreen, not fullscreen borderless without vsync there shouldn't be any input lag at all.. the only reason/s i can think you would have input lag are the following.

1. You have VSync Enabled
  1. You are using Fullscreen borderless or windowed
But you could try reinstalling your drivers.. i don't know if it will do much good...

Another question.. what do you use to play with? a mouse or a tablet?
abraker
Is the FPS lower than before the upgrade?
Topic Starter
Homie13

abraker wrote:

Is the FPS lower than before the upgrade?
About 5-10 frames slower
Topic Starter
Homie13

TheAussie wrote:

Another question.. what do you use to play with? a mouse or a tablet?
I use a mouse.
TheAussie

Homie13 wrote:

I use a mouse.
Have you concidered it might be the mouse itsself if you are in fullscreen with vsync disabled?
Topic Starter
Homie13
I don't know why but running osu as administrator seem to make the lag almost disappear. I can live with this for now. Thanks for the help!
RealizeHD
I have the same problem , I'm playing on windowed , yes i know Input lag occurs then , Is there anyway to disable DWM while running osu! ?
Trosk-

RealizeHD wrote:

I have the same problem , I'm playing on windowed , yes i know Input lag occurs then , Is there anyway to disable DWM while running osu! ?
If you are on Windows 8 or above, no.
RealizeHD

Trosk- wrote:

RealizeHD wrote:

If you are on Windows 8 or above, no.
Can i play osu! inside a VM of windows XP or 7 ?
Trosk-

RealizeHD wrote:

Better than that, change release stream to Beta or Cutting Edge and activate Fullscreen and Letterboxing options. Then change to the resolution you use while playing on windowed. You will play at the resolution you usually play on windowed but without input lag, since you are actually running oau! in Fullscreen mode.
RealizeHD
8-)

Trosk- wrote:

RealizeHD wrote:

Better than that, change release stream to Beta or Cutting Edge and activate Fullscreen and Letterboxing options. Then change to the resolution you use while playing on windowed. You will play at the resolution you usually play on windowed but without input lag, since you are actually running oau! in Fullscreen mode.
Thanks buddy , Updating osu! to Beta and Enabled BOTH !!!!! Letterbox with FULLSCREEN Option in osu! fixed the tearing problem in the Approach circles and now i can play Like i used to be on window mode 1024x768 Unlimited FPS 75 Hz

Also tried to play Osu! on the VMs and i found out that the global audio timing with notes is not correct at all thus playing osu! in a VM is not a good idea.