forum

[resolved] Unstable FPS on Windows 10?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nenkai
Hello

Since i've upgraded my Windows 8 to 10, It looks like my game is really unstable in both video rendering.
I used to play on Windows 8.1 and i always had 60fps in any game mode

Now in Windows 10 :
OpenGL
Song Selector : 60FPS and dropping to 30 every 10 seconds
Taiko game mode : 60FPS and often dropping to 55-57 , enough to make the scrolling not smooth

DirectX
Song Selector : 38FPS and dropping to 15 every 10 seconds
Taiko : Same as above

Also i do not have any task on the background

Specs :
AMD E-300 1.3Ghz (Dual Core)
ATI Radeon HD 6310
4GB Ram

osu! version: 20150802 (latest)
Trosk-
Try to change the osu! release stream to Beta or Cutting Edge and see if you get better performance there. Also, check if you have your drivers up to date.

And well... Do not expect a really good performance on your PC, your CPU is not very poweful.
Topic Starter
Nenkai

Trosk- wrote:

Try to change the osu! release stream to Beta or Cutting Edge and see if you get better performance there. Also, check if you have your drivers up to date.

And well... Do not expect a really good performance on your PC, your CPU is not very poweful.
Ugh , even though it only happens on Windows 10

Editing Main post , looks like the frame drop also happens in the other game modes
Trosk-

Nenkai wrote:

Keep in mind that Windows 10 was released last week and it will most likely have performance updates. But I don't know... I personally think that your CPU is so old to run Win 10 properly. Try to disable all the Detail Setting on osu!, if it's still the same even after trying Beta or Cutting Edge, I don't think we can help you here.
Topic Starter
Nenkai

Trosk- wrote:

Nenkai wrote:

Keep in mind that Windows 10 was released last week and it will most likely have performance updates. But I don't know... I personally think that your CPU is so old to run Win 10 properly. Try to disable all the Detail Setting on osu!, if it's still the same even after trying Beta or Cutting Edge, I don't think we can help you here.
Hmm, Windows 10 is supposed to be less demanding..

Just tried Cutting Edge, My FPS is now 110-120 but the frame loss is still present , it often drops to 100
Trosk-

Nenkai wrote:

Just tried Cutting Edge, My FPS is now 110-120 but the frame loss is still present , it often drops to 100
Well, that's not really rare actually. If it's not droping to lower than 90, you could set a FPS limit to 90 FPS, so maybe you could play at a more stable framerate.

If you want to set a custom framerate limiter, just go to the osu!username.cfg archive and change CustomFrameLimit to the value that you want, for example (While osu! is closed):
CustomFrameLimit = 240
Topic Starter
Nenkai

Trosk- wrote:

Nenkai wrote:

Well, that's not really rare actually. If it's not droping to lower than 90, you could set a FPS limit to 90 FPS, so maybe you could play at a more stable framerate.

If you want to set a custom framerate limiter, just go to the osu!username.cfg archive and change CustomFrameLimit to the value that you want, for example (While osu! is closed):
CustomFrameLimit = 240
That actually worked
Thanks!
TheVileOne
If you're having problems just getting to 100 fps, you should consider getting a new computer.