forum

[resolved] Pen stops working mid air

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Laeloin
^
I currently use the wacom ctl-480 tablet thingy and I got like 7 months ago . I always clean it and I dont smash my pen to the ground when I dont fc songs because I`am always afraid of breaking it or smth like that . Now my pen stops working RARELY while playing for half a second since a month. ( even though there isnt a high chance that this happens I want to minimize the error to 0%) For a few weeks I was always like "Hmm I think I hold my pen too high above the surface, thats why my tablet doesnt recognize the movement." But yesterday I played a map and after I finished I was like "fuck yeah that was hard" and then I looked at my left hand ( im a left handed tablet player) and I see that the bluelight on my tablet turned off for a second eventhough I held my pen really close to the surface . Has my pen taken any damage which should be fixed? Is my surface damaged? should I buy a new pen and if yes how should I treat it ? Its like... im not joking I was treating my pen as it would be a brandnew car . It never fell out of my hand I literally did nothing wrong ..
Is there a way to fix the problem or am I forced to buy a new one T_T I hope you can understand my engrish :o :o
Trosk-
Well, go to your drivers and see if you have Windows Ink enabled. If so, disable it. If this problem is only happening in osu!, make sure that you have your mouse sensitivity at 1x.

If the blue light is going off then it's because your pen is not being recognized. This could be because of the pen or the tablet, but I guess that it's most likely because of the pen. You could try to change the USB port where you have plugged your tablet.
Topic Starter
Laeloin
After I clicked on my drivers this popped out : "Error ! A supportive tablet was not found in the system " . I just lold because my Tablet works but doesnt get recognized by my computer I think I have to update the drivers or smth like that
Trosk-
Go to services, search a service named "Wacom Proffesional Service" or something like that, select it and click on Restart service. This usually fixes this type of errors, if I'm not wrong.

Topic Starter
Laeloin
how can I get to there . I dont find somthing called service on my computer
Trosk-

Laeloin wrote:

how can I get to there . I dont find somthing called service on my computer
You should have an option named "Administrative tools" or something like that on your Control Panel. Click that and then, "Services", "Local services" or something like that. Sorry, I have Windows on Spanish.
Topic Starter
Laeloin
Ok after searching it for almost 20 minutes I found it , restarted it and then I tried to open the wacom thingy and it still has the same error .. what should I do now?
Trosk-
Then try to uninstall the drivers and install the latest version of them or the 6.3.11-4 version.
Topic Starter
Laeloin
I just wanted to uninstall the drivers.To finish the uninstallation (is that even a Word ? lol) I had to restart my computer. Now my mouse doesnt work and there is no cursor I cant do anything now loool. Trosk-san I need help ._.
Trosk-
What? Even your mouse doesn't work now? I think it's the first time I hear this... Did you by any chance to unplug and plug again your mouse? Try to plug it into another USB port. If it's not working there is something quite wrong on your computer... Would be nice to check if your mouse works on another computer too, just to be sure.

If, by any chance, you are on a laptop, check that you didn't press any button to disable the trackpad.

Other than that, I don't know at the moment... Sorry.
Topic Starter
Laeloin
k first of all I dont play on a laptop. And I cant even do smth with my tablet. The cursor isnt even on the entire screen , thats why I think unplugin doesnt help
Nekonyan
Try to check your tablet cable, if it messed up, try to tidy it up. Because there's chance that tablet cable is loose so it won't work rarely.
And try to plug it in another USB port.

Probably the pen is broken and needs to be exchanged. The problem could also be the sensor in the tablet, but you need another pen or another tablet to find out which part is defective. Tablet and pen have 2 years warranty in Europe and will be replaced if send for repair.
Trosk-
Resolved via PM.