forum

recent problem when starting the game

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
eeliottheking
Hello, ive been playing osu! on my new computer for a couple of days now, and i have had several problems "pop up" over time. First i would like to say that my computer is running vista (which i dont particularly like at all). After 2 days i started getting standard "you dot have permission to run this" vista errors when trying to run osu! i was able to circumvent this by launching it through the updater. In the last day or so that hasent worked because i have been getting this error message.

any ideas?

EDIT: i did see the post about this bug at the top, but i am unable to run the game seeing as i cant boot it up from the regular .exe file
EDIT2: ive gotten around the permission with the original .exe, but now i get the above error when i launch it.
peppy
Run osume and let it update.
Topic Starter
eeliottheking

peppy wrote:

Run osume and let it update.
ok, i just downloaded the new release and updated it (through osume). I still get the same error on both the .exe and the updater.
peppy
Also try restarting your system... is seems to be some kind of "insufficient resources" error.
RemmyX25
I fell into the same security trap you did (I fuckin hate my Vista Desktop) but have found an easy, one-time solution to allow osu.exe to run.

Right click osu.exe, then choose Run as Administrator which should do the trick for you. Also, if Right Click osu.exe and choose Properties I do believe you can toggle that option in there as well.

Now run osu.exe and see what happens. Another security dialog should come up, asking if you're sure you want to run osu.exe, so choose Yes
peppy
No, disable UAC. Google if you dont know how.
ZZT the Fifth
Oh hey, I'm having this same exact error, and I turned UAC off the first day I got the computer. So what's the issue, then?
Topic Starter
eeliottheking
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.