forum

Questions on Taiko Mods (The DT HD kind)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[Ayase Eli]
I've been playing taiko for a little over half year now, and I've gotten pretty decent I'd say...

However, I never ever use mods, and when I do, I have to go back to like 1-2star songs and I often will still miss notes (sometimes even get low enough acc to get a B) even with easy mods like HD and HR. So I wanted to ask the community when they were able to start "really" using mods, and whether they had to start at square one like I feel like I have to.

Furthermore, I would like to ask what mods people think are the "easiest" to learn, and the most fun to play, considering my skill level. I think mods are a lot of fun, and back when I played lots of mania and CtB I loved messing around with mods, but I feel so incompetent with them on in taiko. I guess what I'm looking for is some kind of confirmation that I'm not just a scrub that can't handle mods haha.

Any feedback is appreciated :)
OzzyOzrock
A lot of players actually started out with using mods. Often Hard Rock, since they would see many other players using it on most songs as opposed to hidden (except when paired with DT, which was rarely a thing back in the day at all).

But as for you, you definitely still have time to learn HR or HD. Both mods are simply taking your ability to read notes to the next level. Play with the mod very often (some people leave it on permanently to practice) and you'll get used to it for sure.

HR is a good mod to learn since it teaches reading fast speeds, and it helps with slow songs, but gets annoyingly fast at higher BPMs. HD is tougher to get into, but you'll be able to play most songs with HD )if you learn it very well (also, HD+DT yeaaaah!).
Coro
I play for FCs and not for scores, so usually I just play without mods or the occasional HR.
HD is meh for me but I'll play it occasionally too.
DT I personally don't like since it wrecks the music for me, so I avoid it all the time :P