forum

Playing your own maps?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
eyup
Wondering about your opinions on this - do you think it's OK to play and rank on your own beatmaps?

Personally I lean towards No. Kinda 'cheating' when you know when all the beats are gonna come :P
peppy
I have nothing against it. But then again, I get beaten at playing my own map by certain people anyways :P.
Ivalset
It's not like people can't watch it in edit mode, I think it's fine.

Besides there are a few beatmappers who can't beat their own maps anyway *coughhitoshirenucough*

PS: I've been waiting to watch a replay of you beating Linkin Park - What I've Done on Hard. That version has caused me great anguish =/
Topic Starter
eyup

peppy wrote:

But then again, I get beaten at playing my own map by certain people anyways :P.
...yeah Ivalset :mrgreen:

Ivalset wrote:

PS: I've been waiting to watch a replay of you beating Linkin Park - What I've Done on Hard. That version has caused me great anguish =/
o.0 If you can beat those FFFanatic songs, surely you can beat What I've Done? I don't think it's anywhere near as hard as Cross Time :shock:
chan
I fail my beatmaps and everyone else's beatmaps all the time, so personally I don't feel it's an issue :(
Also the amount of time I spend testing and editing my own beatmaps, I don't usually have the patience to try and achieve perfect scores. Playing through a song or watching replays or the editor (many times) should provide the same amount of knowledge of the beatmap.
Ivalset
Cross Time isn't that bad, there's not much reaching to the next note, which I guess is my greatest problem. I'm always stretching in What I've Done, and then I miss a slider.

Damned sliders >:/
KiraCatgirl
No, I think playing your own maps is just fine. It's not like it really makes it any easier, you just know it better. xD
JacoPOP
There will always be someone better than me even on my own maps.. so I don't think this is a problem..
KiraCatgirl

JacoPOP wrote:

There will always be someone better than me even on my own maps.. so I don't think this is a problem..
Exactly. I mean, only three people besides myself have played my map, and I'm third. xD
meyou22
I can't beat my own beatmaps even. I'm a sad little muffin.

So yes, play your own beatmaps how ever much you want. Rank them. RANK THEM SAYS I.
Motto_old
I play test my beatmaps so many times I really don't want to rank them after.
Extor
I try a lot to be first on my beatmaps. BUT someone owned me in Scatman, and I accept that I can't do better than that. :/

Anyways, ranking your own beatmaps is ok for me.
Hitoshirenu Shourai
I think it's fine to rank on your own beatmaps. In my case, I can barely complete about half of them anyways. >_> *kicks Ivalset*
Loginer
I play my own maps, and I don't see why it would be a problem. I'm not good enough to get a really good score anyway. :/