forum

[invalid] Disable #highlight when someone mentions your name

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
-Atri-
I don't know does someone post this before, but it's quite annoying for famous players since he got name mentioned a hundred times (or sometimes embarrassing)

Why not make an option to disable #highlight from showing up?
peppy
Why not just ignore it? You can already turn off the notifications so there should not be an issue.
Topic Starter
-Atri-

peppy wrote:

Why not just ignore it? You can already turn off the notifications so there should not be an issue.
It might get in my sight since i don't have many PMs
Bara-
It's still only one channel which says the highlights
Turn off notifications and messages will stop popping-up, thus it won't bother the player
Stefan
That sounds REALLY picky to be honest. I rather understand people want not to have #osu auto-opened but #highlight isn't really the issue. If you get highlighted for common tags then I suggest taking them out, otherwise, do you get highlighted that much? :P Just wondering.
Bara-
Heck
I'm getting insane amounts of highlights because I added 'Qualified' just to get a message when a new map is qualified
I'm not even bothered by that, as I can easily get 10+ HLs in on minute if #osu explodes
Off-topic, you should be able to not recieve highlights from #osu
Topic Starter
-Atri-

Stefan wrote:

That sounds REALLY picky to be honest. I rather understand people want not to have #osu auto-opened but #highlight isn't really the issue. If you get highlighted for common tags then I suggest taking them out, otherwise, do you get highlighted that much? :P Just wondering.
You will still get highlights by mentioning your username

And no, but it gives me embarrassing feel
Stefan
That is nothing which needs a change. Just press the (x) at the side of #highlight (it doesn't pop up by itself, it just opens) and you won't see who highlights you, simple as that.
Yuii-
Stefan coming up with the 6 month delay reply. Just as late as my mods are 8-)
Underforest
Somehow... I laughed
Bara-

Underforest wrote:

Somehow... I laughed
Same here
Electoz

Underforest wrote:

Somehow... I laughed