forum

Disable Eye Candy Option [rejected] [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Duoprism
What I mean by eye candy is the star burst for reaching certain combos, flashes for changing Elite Beat/Beat/Fail storyboards and song selection.

Kind of an anti-seizure measure as well as a way to get rid of sometimes distracting items.

Not sure if there's more than that.

Dunno if this fall under the same argument as 'Skin Override' and similar suggestions... so tell me. :P
YoshiKart
I'm good with this, since the "eye candy" you mentioned, especially the once that appears when you reach a 30x combo, lags my game for a couple seconds.
Echo

Reikin wrote:

Dunno if this fall under the same argument as 'Skin Override' and similar suggestions... so tell me. :P
I think it does. The more elaborate shader effects can be disabled by unchecking the "Shader effects" option in Options though.
peppy
No.

If this lags your game, please provide your system specs (cpu and graphics card). Upgrade your graphics drivers, and if all else fails drop your resolution or run fullscreen.
Topic Starter
Duoprism
This wasn't intended as an option to stop lag, but an option for seizure prevention as well as disabling a distraction. While the example I mentioned is possible to do manually, as of this stage there is no way to disable those eye candies.

I suspect that you'll probably still refuse however.
peppy
What I said in IRC. This won't happen.

If anyone wants to take this up with me, then also be prepared to take over osu! and code it yourself. That is how strongly I feel.

Thread closed :)