forum

Immediately disappearing circles.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
nimfa109
Hello! What responsible for that how fast circles are disappearing. For example in new Cookiezi's skin they're disappearing immediately, but mostly they're disappearing about one second.
glustora
Yeah, i want to know this too, i'm editing a custom skin of mine and i want to be able to make the hitcircles disappear faster when they are hit. For example, in this skin by heavenly: t/307234
The hitcircles disappear really fast after being hit. Maybe it's something in the skin.ini file? idk.
]fice
All hitcircles (= hitcircle.png and hitcircleoverlay.png) fade out. The "hitcircles" will disappearing immediately are the images default-%.png.
Sekta_old
The font for the hitcircle disappears instantly, which by default is default.png. Of course that can be changed in the skin.ini to whatever prefix you want. So use that file for the entire hitcircle and blank everything else since hitcircle and overlay is what expands and fades when clicked.
dung eater

Sekta wrote:

The font for the hitcircle disappears instantly, which by default is default.png. Of course that can be changed in the skin.ini to whatever prefix you want. So use that file for the entire hitcircle and blank everything else since hitcircle and overlay is what expands and fades when clicked.
will look odd in maps with 2/3 digit combos
glustora

Sekta wrote:

Thanks for explaining, i know what to do now with your help :D
Sekta_old

glustora wrote:

Sekta wrote:

Thanks for explaining, i know what to do now with your help :D
No problem. Take note: This will result in no hitcircle on the slider end since the font only applies to the slider beginning.

This approach also requires the hitcircle font overlap to be the same as the width of your final hitcircle design (half of the @2x size if HD) so that you don't end up with two hitcircles side-by-side when it reaches double digits. Instead you will basically end up with overlapping hitcircles for double digits. So transparent hitcircle designs can be problematic.

Also for extra assistance, if you create the actual hitcircle (not the canvas) 292px with an inner border/stroke of around 17pt, then the hitcircle will end up fitting on the slider seamlessly. This is what I did for myCrystallized skin. I could honestly be a few pixels off but it worked well for me. If you don't plan on making the hitcircles that small, it's still good to know the minimum size you can go before the hitcircles become smaller than the sliders. You could try my skin out to see what happens for double digit numbers.