forum

[confirmed] BG acts like it's deleted after replay in SB'd maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Rizumu Tenshi
Title doesn't say all; maps which use the BG in the SB "act like the BG is deleted" after a replay is complete. Appears in UNDEAD CORPORATION - Everything will freeze (see screenshot) and Infected Mushroom - The Pretender for example, if you'd like ranked maps only.

Searched for topics of this sort, no dice. Inform me if one exists.

osu! version: 20150414.2
VeilStar
I can't replicate this on any release stream though I think I've seen this happen before (just once).
Can you provide detailed replication steps and a video, if possible?
Topic Starter
Rizumu Tenshi
Before replicating, did you try replicating in a map where the storyboard uses the BG?

How-to:
  1. Select one of the maps like Everything will freeze, The Pretender, maps where the BG itself is storyboarded
  2. Watch a replay if ranked, or Auto in ranked and unranked cases
  3. Make sure NOT to skip the end!
  4. Enjoy the black BG.
Video will cost me a lot of time (Fraps is full raw and no video-editing program can compress right without sync issues or a big size, OBS result stutters heavily) and won't always come right on an HD4000 so I have to resort to the steps of replication.
Trosk-
Ok... I only got this effect 1 time, on this beatmap, and I couldn't get it for a second time doing exactly the same, so, I'm guessing it happens randomly... Maybe a load issue?

VeilStar
I still couldn't replicate but I do know it can happen sometimes. Confirming under low priority.
TheVileOne
It doesn't happen for me. How often can you trigger this?