forum

[duplicate] 10k mod default setting

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4
Topic Starter
CircusGalop
Hello. I'm osu!mania and bms 10k user.
I don't like that 10k mod is called 5k co-op mod. 10key is more suitable for single play.

Recommend default setting
- don't split 10k stage
- change default key setting
a s d f space →(right arrow) num4 num5 num6 nun+

I'm waiting for 10K ranked beatmaps. Thank you.
Full Tablet
You can force the game to not split stages for 10k changing settings in the skin.ini file (set SplitStages: 0 under the [Mania] Keys:10 sections of the skin.ini file in the skin folder)

For autoconverts, there is no way to play ranked 10k.

Currently, there aren't 10K ranked maps, and submitted 10k maps are very few (and many of them are low quality, unfinished or joke maps)
-Maus-
Isn't 10k a normal keymode like 7,8 and 9k?
Topic Starter
CircusGalop

Full Tablet wrote:

You can force the game to not split stages for 10k changing settings in the skin.ini file (set SplitStages: 0 under the [Mania] Keys:10 sections of the skin.ini file in the skin folder)

For autoconverts, there is no way to play ranked 10k.

Currently, there aren't 10K ranked maps, and submitted 10k maps are very few (and many of them are low quality, unfinished or joke maps)
I know skin.ini settings. but default setting will affect 10k mod beginners significantly.

Currently, there are 20-30 maps (my favourite beatmaps) and I'm making few 10k maps.

If possible to make 10k ranked map, Map number and map quality will be better.
Bara-
It's not yet possible to make 10k ranked map because the editor isn't optimalised for it
Currently, only 4-9k is rankable (as told in Osu!Weekly)
Also, 10k was in-game for a while, but got removed (I have no idea why though), and only 1-3 and 9 were back in as keymods
Topic Starter
CircusGalop

baraatje123 wrote:

It's not yet possible to make 10k ranked map because the editor isn't optimalised for it
Currently, only 4-9k is rankable (as told in Osu!Weekly)
Also, 10k was in-game for a while, but got removed (I have no idea why though), and only 1-3 and 9 were back in as keymods
So, I wrote this post. :(
Bara-
Well, I'm not sure if you can request the return of a removed feature
However, for now, you can use what Full Tablet said, and wait for further replies
abraker

CircusGalop wrote:

I'm making few 10k maps.
$.$ giv'em to me!!!

CircusGalop wrote:

I don't like that 10k mod is called 5k co-op mod.
This argument again. Just get rid of the co-op thing and name it 10k, 12k, 14k, etc. It was implemented around the time when standard had its co-op multilayer feature implemented, making me think it was also meant to be for something similar. However, as far as everything stands today, I am starting question the point of the mania co-op thing. It caused such a debate for no good reason.
Topic Starter
CircusGalop

abraker wrote:

$.$ giv'em to me!!!
Here they are.
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/330793
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/329283 (EZ, NM recommended)

abraker wrote:

However, as far as everything stands today, I am starting question the point of the mania co-op thing. It caused such a debate for no good reason.
Since a long time ago, BMS was able to play 10+2k and 14+2k.
In addition, 10+2k can be played on EZ2DJ and 14+2k can be played on IIDX.
By the way, most people play 10k+ modes alone.
According to one account per person, co-op mode should be avoided.
Cra Dow
split stage for 10k nah but for 12k+above I actually like the co-op split stage.
OSU!MANIA 10K RANKED!!!-I WANT IT. :D 8-)
Cra Dow

CircusGalop wrote:

abraker wrote:

$.$ giv'em to me!!!
Here they are.
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/330793
https://osu.ppy.sh/s/329283 (EZ, NM recommended)

abraker wrote:

However, as far as everything stands today, I am starting question the point of the mania co-op thing. It caused such a debate for no good reason.
Since a long time ago, BMS was able to play 10+2k and 14+2k.
In addition, 10+2k can be played on EZ2DJ and 14+2k can be played on IIDX.
By the way, most people play 10k+ modes alone.
According to one account per person, co-op mode should be avoided.
10k split stage nah, but 12k above I actualy like the split stage.
10k ranked yes osu!mania NEEDS it to be complete, above 10k its irrevelant, but 10k to be ranked its IMPORTANT.
abraker
Dude, don't double post and whether stages are split or not can be set in skin.ini
Cra Dow
posted 2 times the same thing sorry :?
Cra Dow

abraker wrote:

Dude, don't double post and whether stages are split or not can be set in skin.ini
you are right but 10k truelly it is single player it should not be co-op-ped then split stage forced. 10k mod was better then 5k+co-op. :(

Edit: Realy sorry if this counts as a double post. :cry:
abraker
And you are still double posting. /me facepalms
Use the damn edit button.
Topic Starter
CircusGalop

CircusGalop wrote:

Recommend default setting
- don't split 10k stage
- change default key setting
a s d f space →(right arrow) num4 num5 num6 nun+
I add my opinion.

Another recommended default key setting
A S D F Space RightAlt P [ ] \
Default Note colour
Yellow White Pink White Yellow Yellow White Pink White Yellow

Or following type is good. I'm using this skin. (Default skin that blue and green are added.)

Full Tablet

CircusGalop wrote:

Another recommended default key setting
A S D F Space RightAlt P [ ] \
Setting those key settings as default wouldn't work well with everyone, since the layout of the keys in the keyboard varies depending on the keyboard (which usually varies by region). For example, in my keyboard, that same finger position would correspond to
A S D F Space AltGr P ´ + Enter (having the rightmost key as a bigger key).

The other key layout proposed assumes the player has a numpad and a full size keyboard.
Topic Starter
CircusGalop

Full Tablet wrote:

Setting those key settings as default wouldn't work well with everyone, since the layout of the keys in the keyboard varies depending on the keyboard (which usually varies by region). For example, in my keyboard, that same finger position would correspond to
A S D F Space AltGr P ´ + Enter (having the rightmost key as a bigger key).

The other key layout proposed assumes the player has a numpad and a full size keyboard.
Okay. If these can't be the default setting, please set the default to A S D F G H J K L ;
It's intuitive and suitable for playing with eight fingers, and better than now.
Stefan
Basically t/379786 but with no stars. In total both requests want the addition of having 10K as option in the editor (and without manipulating the .osu files). Moving this because this one has no stars unlike the newer one.