forum

[Archived] i need help for ctb

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HansNg94
i cant change my skin and the arrow key wont work can someone tell me what im doing wrong
Minami Hasaki
Check your key bindings and make sure they're what you want them to be.
Trosk-
Can you explain your problem a bit better?.. Are you meaning that you can't select your skin here or what?

Also, check your key bindings here:

Topic Starter
HansNg94
when i try to put a ctb skin in a skin file it wont work
Trosk-

HansNg94 wrote:

when i try to put a ctb skin in a skin file it wont work
Please, explain your problem a bit better... I can't understand and help you if you just say that.. ;_;

What do you want to insert?
abraker
Make sure the all the skin files are inside a folder (named whatever) that is inside the skin folder like so:

Also when you do it properly, you might need to restart osu! for it to show up in the skin list ingame. Dunno why it doesn't auto check for them:/
Topic Starter
HansNg94
can you put a tutorial video or something you can tell me how to do it and if i did not do the step then that might be the problem
Trosk-
I still don't know what you are trying to say... Do you want to import a skin to osu! or do you want to modify a skin file?

If you want to import a skin: If you downloaded a skin and you got a .osk file, just open it and it should be automaticaly imported to osu! If you have a folder with the skin, just move it to your "Skins" folder of your osu! installation.

If you want to modify an element from your skin and you can't, maybe it's because you named it wrong. You can find all the names on the Skinning section of the osu!wiki.
Topic Starter
HansNg94
yea i want to import a skin to a file if that is posible
Trosk-

HansNg94 wrote:

yea i want to import a skin to a file if that is posible
I'm sorry but I don't understand you, my friend... I don't know if you are trying to say that you want to export a skin that you have on osu! to a file, or you want to import a skin to osu!...

Just in case... If you want to export a skin to a file (to upload it, or send it to someone), ñyou can click this button and it will be exported on the "Exports" folder of your osu! installation.

Topic Starter
HansNg94
here is photos of that im doing the osu file is saved in a diffrent file
i put the skin in the skin folder that im using and if i go on osu it wont work
abraker
Wait. So you have a skin and want to just replace the fruit-ryuuta.png sprite?
I also question why you have an osu! folder inside a Sonic Adventure DX game directory (._.) is osu! installed there???
Topic Starter
HansNg94
yea i want to replace it but the replace file thing wont pop up and i put the osu file in there because i could not put it in program files :3 go to the next page of this page
abraker

HansNg94 wrote:

because i could not put it in program files
I think you are lacking admin privileges. That file has to where osu! is installed, and nowhere else. You can try moving the entire osu! folder from program files to somewhere else, but not sure if that will work.
VeilStar
If you use fruit-ryuuta.png make sure you have version 1.0 or 2.0 or 2.1 set in the skin.ini. Version 2.2 and below use the new catcher.
See https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skinning#Catch_the_Beat
Topic Starter
HansNg94
yea i tried it didn't work i have to rename it this right fruit-ryuuta.png
VeilStar
You're going to have to be more specific than that. You have to be doing something wrong.

Show us some screenshots of your Skins folder localted inside the osu! folder aswell as the folder of your skin which you're trying to modify. A copy of your skin.ini file would also be handy.

First off, make sure you're using a Version below 2.2 in your skin's skin.ini file. If you don't have one, create one or copy one and set to version to 1.0 for example. You can find skin.ini information here: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skin.ini

Then the fruit-ryuuta.png file should be in a folder named to your choice (I see you named it Cookie), and that folder (Cookie) should be inside the Skins folder, with the Skins folder being located inside your osu! installation directory. If that is correct and you have selected the skin from the options menu (after restarting osu! to refresh the skin) there is no reason for it not to work. unless you have multiple copies of osu! installed and are launching the wrong one.

As for your arrow key(s) not working, check your keybindings as said before. You haven't given us any information about it since starting the thread.
Trosk-

HansNg94 wrote:

yea i tried it didn't work i have to rename it this right fruit-ryuuta.png
If you have this file named correctly and you have your skin.ini on Version 2.2 or below it should work without problems... Are you sure that you have this two things correctly?

And well, you have your skin selected on osu!, right?
Topic Starter
HansNg94
how do you check the version and what is a skin.ini
VeilStar

HansNg94 wrote:

how do you check the version and what is a skin.ini
... For the love of whatever please take a few minutes to actually read a few lines of text.

VeilStar wrote:

You can find skin.ini information here: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skin.ini
skin.ini is a text file found in every skin folder. It defines certain behaviors of the skin.
The 3rd line on here: https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skin.ini#.5BGeneral.5D_Section
//The skin version . Use 'latest' to always use the latest skin version.
//See main article for more detail on each version.
Version: latest
Basically you want to make sure that the number behind "version: " is set to

VeilStar wrote:

1.0 or 2.0 or 2.1
You can find this line under the [General] section in the skin.ini

Like this:
[General]
Name: Blablabla
Author: VeilStar
Version: 1.0
Topic Starter
HansNg94