forum

Disable audio format check

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jjocer
Please allow players to change format of audio file. After I change file from 192kbps MP3 to 500kbps ogg (which I converted from my flac file) the song play fine but it wants update and I can't submit my score. I don't demand to support 1mbps flac files but just let us not kill our hearing. It's a music game in which I can't hear music :(
MillhioreF
Editing the .osu file at all will cause it to become unranked. This is on purpose and will not be changed ever, as it violates the integrity of the mapset.

What you may be able to do for now is remove the mp3 and use an ogg file that's named the exact same as the mp3 (including the mp3 file extension) and I think osu! will load it then without making the map unranked. Keep in mind though that if you do this, you should keep a backup of the old mp3, because osu! might start checking the entire map folder at some point instead of just the .osu.
Topic Starter
jjocer
Thanks!!! It works. Now, I have to change only 700 files, but the sound is worth it.
TheVileOne
I doubt you will be able to accomplish this for many maps without affecting the offset of the song.