forum

Palm-Grip mouse? :D

posted
Total Posts
show more
dung eater
deathadder2013 is gud for finger/palm grip for big hands
Kernaus
Steelseries sensei, it's probably the best mouse for any palm-grip type of player.

It's very accurate, very comfortable, and it's strong, i've been using it since it came on the market and i only had to buy 2 as my first one died during a trip to a CS LAN tournament.

But don't forget to get a good mousepad, it's very important no matter wich mouse you're using (i recommand the Roccat Taito for it's cheap price and effectiveness), also, don't forget to disabled mouse acceleration and enable raw inputs if you haven't already done these, it'll pump your mouse accuracy up no matter what kind of game you're playing.
ZenithPhantasm

Crysterion wrote:

Steelseries sensei, it's probably the best mouse for any palm-grip type of player.

It's very accurate, very comfortable, and it's strong, i've been using it since it came on the market and i only had to buy 2 as my first one died during a trip to a CS LAN tournament.

But don't forget to get a good mousepad, it's very important no matter wich mouse you're using (i recommand the Roccat Taito for it's cheap price and effectiveness), also, don't forget to disabled mouse acceleration and enable raw inputs if you haven't already done these, it'll pump your mouse accuracy up no matter what kind of game you're playing.
Haha you have no idea what you're talking about. Steelseries products have a track record of having terrible build quality and high click latencies. To make matters worse the Sensei uses a laser sensor which is much prone to acceleration than any of the flawless optical sensors.
The Gambler
I hear Zowie has made "Palm-grip specific" mice, otherwise known as the ZA series. There are three sizes, codenamed ZA11, ZA12 and ZA13; ZA11 being the largest one.
Kernaus

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Crysterion wrote:

Haha you have no idea what you're talking about. Steelseries products have a track record of having terrible build quality and high click latencies. To make matters worse the Sensei uses a laser sensor which is much prone to acceleration than any of the flawless optical sensors.

Enlighten me Mr Gear proffessional, enlighten me about the Optical Sensor master race that you seem to be praising :^) i had my current Steelseries Sensei for years and it still works perfectly. It's a mouse designed for FPS. The sensor's accuracy is dead on, i have never seen a single gaming mouse respond better to my movements than this one...
ZenithPhantasm
You clearly have never tried the WMO.
lolcubes
I bought G502 recently and it feels great.

As for the sensor debate, well, to be honest, if you're using default CPI, it doesn't matter which sensor do you have. You would need to have such a shitty sensor for it to derp on those CPIs. I used G500 prior to buying G502 (I managed to kill the mousewheel completely so I needed something new) and despite the laser sensor, it was damn accurate on 800 CPI.

Also, steelseries kana isn't that terrible either, it's a bit small but the shape is really pleasant to palm grip despite having your wrist mostly anchored to your desk, also it doesn't have much input latency compared to other SS mice and is kinda cheap too.

I wouldn't recommend zowie mice because of DPI limitations (and their newer ones have such weird CPI values) and clicking travel time, it's pretty bad compared to other mice I tried.
ZenithPhantasm
G500 was only "accurate" at 5700 dpi. It uses a laser sensor which has anywhere from 5-10% acceleration. Flawless optical sensors usually have less than 1% acceleration.
dung eater

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

G500 was only "accurate" at 5700 dpi. It uses a laser sensor which has anywhere from 5-10% acceleration. Flawless optical sensors usually have less than 1% acceleration.
how do you measure accelation?
ZenithPhantasm

jaaakb wrote:

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

how do you measure accelation?
Watch from 9:25
The Gambler

lolcubes wrote:

I wouldn't recommend zowie mice because of DPI limitations (and their newer ones have such weird CPI values) and clicking travel time, it's pretty bad compared to other mice I tried.
It's a matter of simple math to get the DPI you want. Thankfully, osu! has that multiplier as well.

(Desired DPI/Current DPI = Multiplier)
ZenithPhantasm

The Gambler wrote:

lolcubes wrote:

It's a matter of simple math to get the DPI you want. Thankfully, osu! has that multiplier as well.

(Desired DPI/Current DPI = Multiplier)
Or you can just get used to the new dpi. It didn't take me very long to adapt from 1040->400
lolcubes
Well, I've been using 800 dpi for about 16 years now. Unfortunately, even 900 feels too fast and 700 too slow for me, so I really want 800. :p
The Gambler

lolcubes wrote:

Well, I've been using 800 dpi for about 16 years now. Unfortunately, even 900 feels too fast and 700 too slow for me, so I really want 800. :p
Lolwut? Then Zowie is okay then. Their default DPI includes 800 as well.

I also own a G502 as part of my mouse collection and it feels great if you don't palm grip it, IMHO. G400s, G602 and G700s are more suited for palm-gripping.

The rest of the current Logitech G-series mice are too small/awkwardly-shaped to palm-grip.
lolcubes
Not their EC series. They have really weird DPI stepping if you ask me. FK series has pretty big click latency compared to many other mice. Also I find zowie mice more of a claw grip style rather than palm, since they are quite slim.

I found G502 a good palm grip mouse because that way you don't accidentally press that lame button they put for the thumb, and the surface on the right side makes you not lose grip better than previous mice. I guess it all depends on the hand size.

As for the multipliers, any software solution is worse than a hardware solution. Every sensor has it's native CPI/DPI stepping and to achieve others you need a software solution which can cause all kinds of small errors (to a normal user, they should be invisible though) from rounding, negative accel, and others.
FreytagMorgan
I'd take the Deathadder 3.5G since it probably has the lowest acceleration of your list.
ZenithPhantasm
I would recommend the G402 because its like only ~40USD and its a lightweight palm grip mouse with a flawless sensor and very high PCS.
KatamaNoBaka
G100s for cheap.

G302 is good too but weird shape. Should not be a problem for mouse+ keyboard combination

Razer deathadder is good for mouse+ keyboard combination.

Logitech G400s version is good mouse. Wire is better than g400 and lasts long.
The Gambler
G602, if you want wireless. Had no problems with it when I picked it up recently, and pretty big on the hands as well.
RundownPaper4
Well I use the G402 for mouse-only (m/o>m+kb when it comes to selection criteria) but I have to say it is a really decent mouse to use. Clicky buttons, but grip wise because of the DPI shift button near the front of the mouse I move my thumb to the centre of the side so it looks something like this http://puu.sh/j19fM/36f154d68e.jpg and http://puu.sh/j19gn/b3d15499ae.jpg

The grip that I use is somewhere between a palm and claw grip (my palm touches the back of the mouse sometimes).
Fahe
Mouse user here, I've been using the G400s for about a year, and I have nothing bad to say about it at all, pretty amazing piece of hardware :)