forum

.osz archives + a standard Osu! format.. [answered]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
-SiN-
I'm confused with these osu files in the songs folder.. either the names are too long or complicated, so i think it'll be better if Osu! can read .osz archive directly like foobar2000..
and i shouldn't change the file name for each songs.. sorry for the creator, i didn't mean to disrespect you but i just like a simple file name..of course your name still in there..:)

Btw, i hope in the next releases of Osu! there will be .osu protection for editing :D
i was angry to my friend when he edited all of the song's creator name into his name.. :D Luckly he's too stupid about PC and internet, so i was delete these file and replaced it with my "read-only" .osu files. :P

one more thing.. there should be a standard format for the .mp3 files.. some of them using 320kbps, some of them using 128kbps.. if it's a game, there should be a standard format for this.. i pick 192 or 256kbps, not too much or not too less neither.. 8-)

Thanks.
Echo
Osu can read .oszs directly, it's associated to Osu so it'll automatically extract them when you double click a .osz.

I don't agree with the mp3 though, since it doesn't really matter what quality the mp3 is?
peppy

-SiN- wrote:

I'm confused with these osu files in the songs folder.. either the names are too long or complicated, so i think it'll be better if Osu! can read .osz archive directly like foobar2000..
Not going to happen. Logically and programatically incorrect. Not sure where you are coming from with foobar.

-SiN- wrote:

Btw, i hope in the next releases of Osu! there will be .osu protection for editing :D
Not going to happen until story mode is released. Even then - it will be a limited access feature probably only available to story authors/me. Who cares if someone changes the creator name. If they upload it, it will be deleted, enough said.

-SiN- wrote:

one more thing.. there should be a standard format for the .mp3 files.. some of them using 320kbps, some of them using 128kbps..
This is up to the creator - some songs aren't available at higher bitrates, therefore we much settle for lower.

-SiN- wrote:

Thanks.
Thanks