forum

[duplicate] Resizable chat window / chat window sizes

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
GlitchedCode
The current chat window can at times be pretty small, at least in my opinion. For example if someone sends a wall of text (if there are no mods online) or just sends a long, non-rulebreaking message, two or more persons that are having a conversation can find difficult to look back at each other's messages, especially if the chat is crowded or fast. What i propose is not to completely remove the current chat, as if it was bigger than how it is now it would take up too much space, especially during song breaks. My idea is rather to make the chat resizable only when the online users screen is activated, because that way it already takes all of the screen space and if one wants to just type something into chat without cluttering the screen it is possible by just pressing F8. If custom sizes set by dragging the chat margin are not possible, a set of default sizes may also be implemented, for example: 1/3 of the screen (like it is right now), half the screen, 2/3 of the screen and full screen. If not seeing online friends is a problem, there could be a bar in which scroll online friends' names exclusively for full screen chat. This bar's name could also blink green and red when a friend logs in or out, according to the notification's color. One last thing: pressing F9 when the chat is not open still opens the chat, but pressing it again only hides the online users screen, so it's functionality could also be changed so that when the online users screen is open it also closes the chat, leaving the user free to not press the F8 key to hide the chat too.

Thanks for your attention,
GlitchedCode.
Sonya
Great!,but peppy is not giving out votes each months now so we'll have to wait...
drum drum
p/3496998

planned™
Topic Starter
GlitchedCode
Great, thanks! :)