forum

[confirmed] Osu!Direct Showing Multiples.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
aolmenki
Problem Details:
Recently, every time i go to osu direct, it keeps showing me three maps that I have already downloaded. They get deleted somehow, but that aside, this time, one of them appeared infinite times.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
https://imgur.com/TZs3EDq

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
Trosk-
That's weird... I have never seen that before. Did this happen to you just one time? When it showed you the three maps you have already downloaded did you have the "Show already downloaded" button activated?
Topic Starter
aolmenki
It is true that I don't know how to reproduce this, but as you can see I have the option clicked. I should make a different thread on that problem tho.
Trosk-

aolmenki wrote:

It is true that I don't know how to reproduce this, but as you can see I have the option clicked. I should make a different thread on that problem tho.
Well, on the image you don't have it clicked.

And don't make another thread please, it could be treated here.
Topic Starter
aolmenki
You're right, my bad I got what the option did confused.

Anyways here is a video of me going into osu!direct:
http://youtu.be/6-7iKXECb3I

It is still processing, but will be done soon.
Trosk-
This is really weird actually... I don't know much about this problem since it is the first time i see it, but since it needs to prcess the beatmaps every time you get into osu! (thing that is not normal) maybe your beatmap database is corrupted...

Try to make a new database.. Go to your installation folder, move out of the folder the osu!.db archive (with osu! being closed) and open osu again. The beatmaps will re process again, all the beatmaps will be shown as not played and you will lose your collections, but i think it is worth to give it a try.

Probably I'm wrong, but it's the only thing I can think about at the moment. Well, that and repairing osu!, but I don't think this will fix it.

I'm sorry if this doesn't fix it...
Topic Starter
aolmenki
It took a while to process so I decided it let it go over night. Yea it didn't work :\
Trosk-

aolmenki wrote:

It took a while to process so I decided it let it go over night. Yea it didn't work :\
Are you running osu! as Administrator? And I'm sorry... Really.
Topic Starter
aolmenki
This is really strange. When I run as administrator it only shows 8000~ beatmaps, but normally I have 26000~ beatmaps...
Trosk-

aolmenki wrote:

This is really strange. When I run as administrator it only shows 8000~ beatmaps, but normally I have 26000~ beatmaps...
Holy... Now I don't have any idea. Unless you had duplicate beatmaps (thing that is not possible I guess)
TheVileOne
Not sure how exactly it happens, but it has been a problem for a long time.
8-bit

aolmenki wrote:

It happen to me too so i just delete all the files in the osu folder and it fixed it not the important ones.