forum

Taiko Spinner Icon [Added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Zeugziumy
The taiko mode should have this icon:

^Picture from the original Taiko on DS (emulated)

When spinner is coming, then should appear the icon, then appear the spinner...
Because you can't know when it's coming...

Thanks,
gabrielwoj
joaowojcikiewicz
I support this.
Only because spinners on taiko always "catch me". I never know when they appear.
Kitsunemimi
Heh, well spinners appear randomly on standard osu! as well.

And stealing someone's avatar are you? <.<

Anyways, this seems necessary, so support.
Topic Starter
Zeugziumy

Harris73 wrote:

Lol I put credit... Or you're saying for joaowojcikiewicz?
Yeah I know, it could be cool too if pippi get into the tornado (from original taiko)...
But seriously, spinner comings really randomly
joaowojcikiewicz

Harris73 wrote:

hehe, I love this taiko boss! But I didn't knew the name. So I asked Zekira and found this image
Zekira
Lol avatar

...mine has a better border (and my name) on it :<
aquabluu
Damn right it's necessary. Remember mint tears?
joaowojcikiewicz

aquabluu wrote:

Damn right it's necessary. Remember mint tears?
yes, I still can't beat that music on taiko 3 =x
Baka-Otome
Oh yesh. <3
+1 :3

Tudo para ficar com um clima bem de Taiko no Tasujin. ;3
soulless_doll
Oh gawd yesh I totally agree with you on this. The spinners catch me off gaurd then like woah > <
Zekira
Now to say my stand on this

I think it is actually necessary... because it is a legal move to put a denden/fuusen as short as 1/2 on Taiko maps, or maybe even 1/4, and then put a note 1/2 right after. So support.

@joaowojcikiewicz: ffffff I thought i was the one that posted after aqua hahahaha
Neo Adonis
Those "denspinners"... XD
Support!
LuigiHann
I really have no idea why this wasn't implemented a hundred years ago.
arien666

LuigiHann wrote:

I really have no idea why this wasn't implemented a hundred years ago.
inb4, is that support-able on osu! :3?
and...

Hatsune Miku - THIS IS SPARTAAA!!!
I wonder if this system prefers on this song orz...

Anyway, support :3
lepidopodus
Spinner Icon should not be big cause we uses spinner instead of balloons
MMzz
Wow, I guess I have a better reflexes then all of you. O_o I don't see any problem with the spinners atm, i never get caught off guard, even mint tears I saw them coming, (I can kinda foresee? spinners.) And the dendens in TnT are retarded to me.

inb4 peppy lock because this is osu!
Kitsunemimi

MittenMasterzz wrote:

I can kinda foresee? spinners.
Spinners will generally occur once all the notes on the screen stop appearing. Sometimes certain maps will have pauses where all the notes on the screen are gone for a moment, or in Taiko it might just be a break, but in most cases spinners are placed intuitively. Still though, just because it's in original versions on Taiko I this should be implemented.
mekadon_old

MittenMasterzz wrote:

Wow, I guess I have a better reflexes then all of you. O_o I don't see any problem with the spinners atm, i never get caught off guard, even mint tears I saw them coming, (I can kinda foresee? spinners.) And the dendens in TnT are retarded to me.

inb4 peppy lock because this is osu!
So make them look like some wird hitcircle :3
This seems like an advantage to Taiko newbs who just getting too used to TnT, helping some players getting to know when a spinner will come. However there might be a problem here since some mappers place a spinner a 1/(4/6/8) tick in front of a hitcircle so I might say 50% support
Feno_old

Harris73 wrote:

Still though, just because it's in original versions on Taiko I this should be implemented.
^ This
I might be wrong about this but I thought one of the goals were to replicate the actual games,so it doesn't really matter if it's needed or not does it? It might be a low priority thing,but eventually it would have to get added for the sake of authenticity,right?
Topic Starter
Zeugziumy
Well, there are much taiko players what have I difficult on spinners... Them come from nowhere...
Even if this is osu! the spinner is almost impossible (almost, not 100%), and them sometimes have a 1 of spinner (or low spinner) what comes so fast! Only jedi reflexes...
I think this is essencial, it's really needs it... Not for a big clone of taiko, but just for implemented for a better taiko mode...
I know I have did some stupid ideas sometimes, but this idea NEEDS for osu...
Roga-don
mmh ...

I think that the taiko spinner is already too easy (1 or 2 second of spinning for me to complete it), but I think it's a good idea to take the TnT spinner so support~
MMzz

gabrielwoj wrote:

Well, there are much taiko players what have I difficult on spinners... Them come from nowhere...
Even if this is osu! the spinner is almost impossible (almost, not 100%), and them sometimes have a 1 of spinner (or low spinner) what comes so fast! Only jedi reflexes...
I think this is essencial, it's really needs it... Not for a big clone of taiko, but just for implemented for a better taiko mode...
Very opinionated. The fact is though, you need to play the map a few times to get it right don't you? So the spinners shouldn't catch you like that. And there are more important things that need to happen to Taiko before this ever happens.

And if your having trouble completing fast spinners, watch how I do the spinners in this old video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifla7Hqe ... re=related. If you do that fast enough sliders are a breeze at any pace.

And you do realize, it's up to crystal-don to draw the animation for it xD.
They might not have the time too.
Would be pretty cool to see though.
Topic Starter
Zeugziumy

MittenMasterzz wrote:

gabrielwoj wrote:

Very opinionated. The fact is though, you need to play the map a few times to get it right don't you? So the spinners shouldn't catch you like that. And there are more important things that need to happen to Taiko before this ever happens.

And if your having trouble completing fast spinners, watch how I do the spinners in this old video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifla7Hqe ... re=related. If you do that fast enough sliders are a breeze at any pace.

And you do realize, it's up to crystal-don to draw the animation for it xD.
They might not have the time too.
Would be pretty cool to see though.
Well, this idea is getting concluded for much players here... But yeah, it's trick...
But for other reason, I don't can make fast spinners because I'm playing on a Xbox Controller (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=33951) , and is little trick to do in xbox360...
Thanks, I don't know if this idea will be approved or cancelled or something... But is getting famous
Zekira

MittenMasterzz wrote:

But Taiko isn't supposedly about reflexes. I really don't care if the denden is a ninja or not, but the fact that I need to use my reflexes to not get caught off-guard by it (which is like 100% of the time) actually already presents the problem. The only 'reflexes' I see that are required in rhythm games are the scroll speeds, which is the only logical ninja-element for rhythm games IMO.
Kestrel11

Zekira wrote:

MittenMasterzz wrote:

But Taiko isn't supposedly about reflexes. I really don't care if the denden is a ninja or not, but the fact that I need to use my reflexes to not get caught off-guard by it (which is like 100% of the time) actually already presents the problem. The only 'reflexes' I see that are required in rhythm games are the scroll speeds, which is the only logical ninja-element for rhythm games IMO.
First off, I'm pretty sure that you have to use reflexes for Taiko mode, and osu! in general, especially for the harder difficulties. Isn't that the point, to react to the visuals on the screen and perform the corresponding action? I agree with MittenMasterzz in that I don't have any issues with the way the current spinners work. That being said, could someone clarify exactly how the spinner icon would work? I never played any of the actual Taiko games. Would there just be a layer graphic added to the note right before the spinner? I guess I can see how some spinners in maps would be pretty difficult for players who are newer to Taiko mode though...

I wouldn't have an issue with this being added for authenticity, just as long as it works nicely. ^^
Zekira
Basically there's a picture that appears on the scroll, yeah.

OffT: Angry Kitsune <3
crystalsuicune
osu!Taiko's spinner works more like fuusen notes,so I thought of drawing Pippi-don with the fuusen
animation before lol
But if it's denden notes...maybe I'll need to somehow obtain the individual frames
from Taiko DS as animation reference.