forum

[invalid] Alternating between usernames

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
Ekoro
Well, i thought about it since a while, if an username still interests us but we wanna keep the current one too, i'd suggest to choose another username (that isn't used) you can alternate with. It's been about 2 years that i have "Ekoro" and another username kinda interests me but i don't wanna left my current name :v

Yes, i know that people would switch usernames often, that's why i suggest to be able to switch like... months later? I don't really know the length before being able to switch again, maybe 1~6 months. That would avoid some daily random changes..
Of course, both usernames can't be taken by a new user, even if the other one is technically "not used".
I don't think it could be a priority but i'm still trying to post it to get opinions, good or bad ones. The price could work like the current naming system in the osu!store: the more you change names, the more it costs. (I was thinking about making it only usable once but well)

tl;dr

1. Being able to switch with another username you picked
  2. Switch lasts for 1~6 months
  3. Maybe similar price like the naming system in osu!store?
well... that's it.
Kurokami

Ekoro wrote:

Of course, both usernames can't be taken by a new user, even if the other one is technically "not used".
This parts is the most interesting one. So, just an example, we have 500.000 active players and if all of them has an alternative name, that would takes 1 million possible names choice from new users. So, they might end up using 365zhfj5632 as their name, then search up (for example) "Evil Blood" with zero results. They might buy a supporter, thinking about changing their name, but no, because that name is sticking with another user who has different name currently.

Why you want to use different names from time to time in the first place? You can't change your forename either. Just use one from them imo.
Flanster
Stick with one name, "reserving" another just sounds ridiculous and unfair. Change your name when you are certain and take a final decision.
I know it can be a bummer when the username you want is taken and not even active but that is life.
abraker
Interesting concept but can get confusing given enough time. Also the current naming system is there to preserve your identity. Changing your name now and then will make you that closer to an anonymous user

uh no ._.'
They call me by many names: -exgon-, +exgon+, DAGon, Gonkiezi .... but you can just call me NoNaMe
xasuma
I don't like this idea. Very Unnecessary imo.
TheVileOne
You are intended to have one username. I doubt we will be encouraging people to periodically change their usernames.
Conor
VeilStar
Stick to one username.

Changing your username means you're willing to give up your previous one.