Topic Starter
Fushimi Rio
Thank you all :D
Meg
\o/
fartownik
Offset is early by bout 15ms
Seijiro
confirming first offset is off by at least 15ms (I found it to be 20ms myself, but maybe do a middle way between them and put 17-18 ms)

Also, did anyone mention the dumb spinners on those two diffs that have them? They are clearly not following anything, because otherwise they would have ended at 01:44:202 - , where the crash's sound wave ends <.<
pishifat
yeah um

change your offsets and i'll requalify lol
Topic Starter
Fushimi Rio
Changed offset +17ms.
Personally I don't really like the spinner... But gders have different thought on the ending sound as well as one of the two sounds did last until 01:42:219 - so it's still reasonable to put a spinner here. I prefer to keep them.
pishifat
re
Ashton
Weird map e.e
I Must Decrease
z12031203120321's Insane: 01:30:884 (5) - this note isnt snapped. It 2 MS early.

Ayaya's Extra: 00:25:552 (3) - this note is snapped to 1/16th for its slider end.
pishifat
round 2 baby

aya's thing should be snapped like 01:37:552 (3) -

maybe get lasse to check/bub again so we don't screw anything else up lol
Yuii-
top diff: 00:40:718 (2) - should be 1/6 instead. this is unsnapped completely, there's nothing in the background music that supports the 1/2

aya's difficulty has that snapping as well, would be nice if you could make it consistent
Topic Starter
Fushimi Rio
round 2
ummmmmmm

Xexxar wrote:

z12031203120321's Insane: 01:30:884 (5) - this note isnt snapped. It 2 MS early.

Ayaya's Extra: 00:25:552 (3) - this note is snapped to 1/16th for its slider end.

Yuii- wrote:

top diff: 00:40:718 (2) - should be 1/6 instead. this is unsnapped completely, there's nothing in the background music that supports the 1/2

aya's difficulty has that snapping as well, would be nice if you could make it consistent
This snapping was talked in Lasse's first mod before. For the whole map aya's diff has different style of rhythm choice and placement from the top diff (most rhythm and placement are simplified in this one), so it's not necessary (and not very practical) to make up with that consistence.
I Must Decrease
ya im sorry yuii but following the song is subjective

in all seriousness, why not do a pattern like this:

this objectively follows the song better and is still quite playable.
Shiirn

imoutosan wrote:

Yuii- wrote:

This snapping was talked in Lasse's first mod before. For the whole map aya's diff has different style of rhythm choice and placement from the top diff (most rhythm and placement are simplified in this one), so it's not necessary (and not very practical) to make up with that consistence.
I'm sorry, did you really just say "Another diff does it correctly, so why should another diff do it right?"

Just trying to be clear here.

This difficulty has no problem dipping into 1/3 and 3/4 rhythms, this small change in rhythm is literally what the music does. Putting 1/2 clicks over it is lazy and bordering on incompetent. You have ranked maps. You should know better than to just bullshit this.
Topic Starter
Fushimi Rio

Shiirn wrote:

I'm sorry, did you really just say "Another diff does it correctly, so why should another diff do it right?"
Nope. Just on the contary.
Fia

Xexxar wrote:

ya im sorry yuii but following the song is subjective

in all seriousness, why not do a pattern like this:

this objectively follows the song better and is still quite playable.
I can partly agree with the idea... But a slider looks too bulky in a circle-only part imo. Besides someone complained that it could be misread as 1/4 triple because there's no 1/6 rhythms elsewhere, so it's still too intense (even if it were 1/4 triple) for such a calm part of the song.
I Must Decrease
It's quite easy to hit the 1/6th double if you were to do it how I suggested since it's just a quick double tap of two fingers. It's not overly intense if its mapped this way.

If your complaint is readability, know that you switch between 1/3 and 1/4th streams without passive rhythms and with spacing that is extremely unintuitive as well.

As for "slider in a circle only part" being "too bulky", the song didn't decide for you to map this as circles only.
Fia

Xexxar wrote:

It's quite easy to hit the 1/6th double if you were to do it how I suggested since it's just a quick double tap of two fingers. It's not overly intense if its mapped this way. It's not "hard", but relatively hard. For this part I'd like to make players feel relaxed, so even a little raise of difficulty is counterproductive to the overall arrangement of the map.

If your complaint is readability, know that you switch between 1/3 and 1/4th streams without passive rhythms and with spacing that is extremely unintuitive as well. I'm don't mind it at all. It's some player's feeling.

As for "slider in a circle only part" being "too bulky", the song didn't decide for you to map this as circles only. Yeah, it's just my own aesthetics. The song decided that it should be a relatively calm part here, and as the mapper I think a 1/2 circle only part is a good way to tell that. Different people cam get different preference in expressing a same thing, and this should not be discouraged (if they work, of course), isn't it?
Generally speaking I don't really think following the 1/6 rhythm here is a good idea. In this case either slider or circle is better it not that important to me...
And I think we have different standard of "intense". So discussion about whether your pattern is really hard won't make much sense imo.
Natsu
you don't really need to map the triplet, maybe just:

or ask someone to add a sound in 1/2 at the mp3 /hides
Shiirn

Natsu wrote:

or ask someone to add a sound in 1/2 at the mp3 /hides
(natsu remix feat. soulfear)
Net0
There's a lot of rhythms that could work in this section with proper hitsounding...
As far as I can see, PinkHeart wants to keep a circle only section 00:39:385 (2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6) - with little tapping density so that the next transition 00:41:552 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - gets more emphasis as well as keeping its visual idea.
The main complaint is about the piano intensity between 00:40:719 - ~ 00:40:885 - that sure goes beyond 1/2.
If this was an isolated object with no support sure it would NEED to change, but the pattern is very clear and the entire piano is on 1/2 00:39:385 (2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4,5,6) - with only one exception to that rule, giving the mapper two different aproaches; either prioritize the song and give this piano sound 00:40:719 - ~ 00:40:885 its emphasis or simplify it into 1/2 to keep the entire section/pattern calm.

It's really just a choice I don't see how that affects much the map itself :/
Topic Starter
Fushimi Rio
I'm pretty good at persuading others. Updated with 1/6 snapped.
Lasse
your custom snapped breaks on e/n/h got a bit broken by the offset change

dq things and the 1 /6 have been fixed so it should be fine to rebubble after that
Topic Starter
Fushimi Rio

Lasse wrote:

your custom snapped breaks on e/n/h got a bit broken by the offset change

dq things and the 1 /6 have been fixed so it should be fine to rebubble after that
Removed these broken breaks.
Lasse
pishifat
osu beatmap
audinor
nosu beatmap
Myxo
Neat mapset, I'm a huge fan of the Hana diff and the lower difficulties, especially. However, I have some concerns about Ayaya's Extra I'd like to adress before this map goes to ranked status:

1. 00:09:053 (1,2) - The spacing between these feels too low, because of the strong cymbal on 00:09:553 - and how small it is compared to 00:08:053 (5,6,7) - for example.
  2. 00:15:053 (4,5,1) - This transition feels really awkward to play. It requires a huge slow down while moving further in the same direction, which is uncomfortable and shouldn't be used as an introduction for the fast part, especially. It would be better to place (5) closer to the previous object, for example http://puu.sh/w8TyL/8653d0d360.jpg
  3. 00:16:886 - In this section, what's up with the high amount of soft hitclaps? I don't think they fit to the song very well in general (the other difficulties also use much more fitting custom claps) and they really overused here. Also sometimes they seem to be placed on random beats, atleast I can't recognize a pattern on how they are used. Imo the best solution would be to apply a similar hitsounding to the highest difficulty. The same applies to the similar section later in the song.
  4. 00:39:719 (6,1,2,3,4,1) - Confusing pattern. The slider that starts on 1/6 is hard to read imo, because the spacing is the same as 00:39:885 (1,2) - visually, also I don't understand why the NC is placed here 00:39:885 (1) -in the middle of the pattern.
  5. 00:49:552 (1,2,3) - The angle of this triplet was very uncomfortable to play. After this zig-zag movement 00:48:885 (1,2,3,4,1) - I expected the triplet to lead downwards from 00:49:552 (1) - to continue the movement, however it's placed in an unintuitive angle that leads to the left right now.
  6. 00:50:219 (1,2,1,2,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,1,2,3,4) - Really nice pattern, but what is up with those clap hitsounds again? They suddenly appear here although there are no new sounds in the music compared to the rest of the section.
  7. 00:55:552 (1,2,3,4,5,1,1,2,1) - The density (and spacing) in this part feels way too low. The undermapping doesn't fit here because in the music there is such a high contrast between this section and the previous / following section. This part is very intense so it should be mapped with a lot of emphasis on the particular beats, imo.
  8. 01:04:219 (1,1) - It sounds strange to hear the drum hitnormal sounds on the end of these sliders. Would be better to silence those.
  9. 01:04:885 (1,2,3,4) - Those patterns are interesting, but the amount of overlapping between the two sliders is different each time (compare 01:05:552 (3,4) - 01:12:885 (1,2) - 01:15:552 (1,2) - ) so they feel pretty sloppy in that regard. Especially the last example I gave looks odd because the blanket isn't perfect while the other blankets were.
  10. 01:12:552 (2,3,1) - It looks pretty messy to have the circle at the tail overlap and the one at the head stack with it. Generally, a lot of the overlaps in the chorus end up looking messy because of combinations like that. Though it might depend on taste, I think this is a pretty major issue in this map as the issues are present very often and players will notice this for sure.
  11. 01:17:885 (2,3,4) - Another linear slow down movement that doesn't feel comfortable to play. Also the stronger beat is 01:18:219 - so it would make more sense to have a larger jump leading into that note.
This difficulty has interesting concepts, but it doesn't feel polished enough to go for ranked, yet. I hope you can get some of this fixed up. Good luck! :3
Topic Starter
Fushimi Rio

Desperate-kun wrote:

Hi hi Desperate-kun, the mapper has been afked for a long time ._. Do I need to find the mapper for answers?
Myxo
I think it would be best to try to ask them if you can make changes to their difficulty or find them for answers, yeah. I understand it's a difficult situation but I don't think this map should pass as it is, since it's nost just minor nitpicks imo.
Mao
Hey, taking this down because I think the raised concerns are valid and need further discussion. Also as the mapper isn't there, we should halt the ranking process in order to get a proper reply.

I'd like to address some additional things on the difficulty as well:

00:44:552 (5,6,1) - This pattern felt very unnatural to play due to the wide angle between 6 and 1. Also the emphasis to 1 is quite low compared to 00:47:219 (5,1) - where you have mapped 5,6 as an 1/2 slider so I'd recommend to rather do it like that.
00:57:385 (2,1) - What happened to your hitsounds here?
01:02:219 (1) - ^
01:18:052 (3,4) - I mean I already don't really ahree with the low spacing to 4 but at least at 01:07:385 (3,1) - you changed the angles which increases the emphasis but here you have such a wide angle and even lower spacing. Also the low spacing makes it lose its emphasis, I'd recommend generally spacing the emphasized beats like this one higher in this section considering your other pretty big jumps.
01:31:885 (2,3) - Pretty minor but in my opinion one of the things that give an unpolished feeling as well. I'd just not make them touch or make a blanket but that's up to you.
01:35:885 (1,2,1) - Personally I think this plays really bad due to the straight line forcing me to slow down between 01:36:052 (2,1) - which makes 1 lose emphasis. I'd rather go for a direction change like you did at 00:24:052 (2,1) - .

Speaking generally, I'd like to see more thought put into emphasis and movement and some general polish.
UndeadCapulet
rly
Topic Starter
Fushimi Rio
Round 3
I always spend more efforts when I want to rank something
show more