forum

Map upload cap warning [added]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
blissfulyoshi
I don't know if this has been requested before, but I didn't see it when I searched.

A lot of new mappers like to upload joke maps or maps that they don't plan to update before they submit one they plan to rank. As a result, they will submit 2 maps within a short time from each other and then try to upload a third one. As the system goes, the third map will fail to be uploaded because of the upload cap, and the user will usually then ask somewhere why they could not upload the map and get some answer relating to the upload cap and waiting for their map to be graved.

To give mappers second thoughts about uploading their maps on a whim, I want to add a warning which talks about the map upload limit and the graveyard, and I want this warning to be given to all mappers who do not have a ranked map but trying to submit a new song. I think the warning will make mappers a little more serious about their maps and decrease the amount of stuff that is submitted that is just waiting to go to the graveyard.

Feel free to leave comments, questions, or concerns.
Aoitenshi
True though, These things and question can sometimes annoys me, furthermore, it also increase the usage of this server (though it's only a little bits).
mm201
Show a mapper's total and remaining slots on the BSS dialog.

I will look into this.
Feno_old
This is a really good idea.
Maybe something like:

"You have 1/2 upload slots remaining,are you sure you want to upload this map? If you change your mind you will have to wait for 4 weeks for the map to be moved to the graveyard. Make sure this is a map you want ranked!"
Neo Adonis

MetalMario201 wrote:

I will look into this.
Well, let's mark this as solved. :D

OK. Seriously, I support this.
qlum
just don't upload when your map is not ready yet and there won't be a problem.
awp

blissfulyoshi wrote:

A lot of new mappers like to upload joke maps or maps that they don't plan to update before they submit one they plan to rank. As a result, they will submit 2 maps within a short time from each other and then try to upload a third one. As the system goes, the third map will fail to be uploaded because of the upload cap, and the user will usually then ask somewhere why they could not upload the map and get some answer relating to the upload cap and waiting for their map to be graved.
Maybe they should have read the FAQ on beatmapping first

it's your own fault if you do something stupid after being instructed otherwise
Kitsunemimi

awp wrote:

Maybe they should have read the FAQ on beatmapping first

it's your own fault if you do something stupid after being instructed otherwise
Yes but they'll start asking questions and causing trouble, which we don't want.
anonymous_old

Harris73 wrote:

Yes but they'll start asking questions and causing trouble, which we don't want.
Questions answerable in the FAQ.

"Read the FAQ." Was that hard to say?
0_o

strager wrote:

Harris73 wrote:

Questions answerable in the FAQ.

"Read the FAQ." Was that hard to say?
Except in this situation they would be asking the questions after they reached their upload cap, which is what is trying to be prevented here.

Is there a message anywhere that tells you to consult the FAQ before beatmapping? Because I feel like a lot of people generally don't check FAQs until they actually have a problem, and in this case they wouldn't be aware of the problem until it happens.

In any case, I agree with the mapping slots being displayed on the BSS dialogue.
awp

0_o wrote:

Is there a message anywhere that tells you to consult the FAQ before beatmapping?
the main menu, on occasion
TheVileOne
Another request added. Only about 1000 or so more to go.