forum

osu! Medium Championship (50.000 - 20.000) [QUALIFY STAGE]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Skyzie

-eXTCy- wrote:

it bothers me that there are people with ranks over 20k...
doesn't make it quite fair, now does it?
Rank does not equal skill. Just because some are ranked over 20k doesn't mean that 50-20k can't beat them. It's all about the skill.

Plus, those guys are only around 19k.
Vali

-eXTCy- wrote:

it bothers me that there are people with ranks over 20k...
doesn't make it quite fair, now does it?
I signed up when I was rank 20k, it's not my fault that I don't rank up slow.
Vaporwave
Thank god my match is during holidays.
4AM on a Thursday c:

Reckon you could make a .zip/.rar file for all the maps? (Or I can do it later and post here :) )
Vali

Shiusui wrote:

Welcome to this little Tournament. We still need Staff which helps with the Tournament (basically Streamers and Referees)

Post will be expanded after the Registration Phase.

Tournament System

SPOILER
- 1vs1 Matches, everyone plays for himself.
- Group Stage with 4-16 (depends on the Number of Participants) 4 Man Groups (where the first 2 Places will be in the next Round) and after that K.O. Matches.
- Every Match is going up to 3 Points in the Group Stage (later more), who ever has at first 3 Points will win the Match.
- A Match Moderator is in every Round in the Lobby between the Maps so he can pick the Map and look that everyone is going with the Rules.

Rules

SPOILER
- No Cheating/Hacking for sure.
- No strong Language in the Matches, be nice to each other.
- Only pick the Maps from the Beatpool for this Round and only with the given Mods.
- Act according to the instructions of the Match Moderators.

Registration

SPOILER
The Registration ended thanks to 50 Registrations, because of so much interest I had to stop the Registration Phase because it would be just to much for me to handle with, the lowest Rank Players will play in the Qualify Stage. At the 25th of June will be more Information about that.

Qualify Stage Mappool

Qualify Stage Matches

SPOILER
Saturday the 4th of July

12:00 UTC

Nelly - KamiNoKage
Dionysaw - Jingster
Prizton - SacrifuSion

14:00 UTC

Viores - Kei1koh2

16:00 UTC

natusvincere27 - [ Space ]
Darkevil - MarcusTequila

18:00 UTC

[ Wolfy ] - Zwiiz
Kennen201 - -eXTCy-

20:00 UTC

IvoPost - Comba7000
soulexe - Mysterious
thewagner - nylaa

22:00 UTC

Kennen201 - -eXTCy-

Sunday the 5th of July

2:00 UTC

bentobito - tayeezus

Shiusui - Leexz
[ ArchNight ] - dudemonkey61
-Domino- - Liiin

Ryux-Chan - EmeraldStar82

Direct Group Stage Participants

SPOILER
kuliene
DawnRaven
Vali
MortalStriker
Nekros
KuroNekoLP
_PatPat_
-mchltang-
Snajper8
iiiFrosT
khune
Zsombor
EduHD
BroBryce
linkz
vRexXy
Mind if I ask to elaborate a bit more on what type of match I'll be in?

Edit: I apologize for wasting your time but I would like to withdraw. The map pool seems a bit vanilla so I don't think I'd be having fun.
Skyzie

Shiusui wrote:

Welcome to this little Tournament. We still need Staff which helps with the Tournament (basically Streamers and Referees)

Post will be expanded after the Registration Phase.

Tournament System

SPOILER
- 1vs1 Matches, everyone plays for himself.
- Group Stage with 4-16 (depends on the Number of Participants) 4 Man Groups (where the first 2 Places will be in the next Round) and after that K.O. Matches.
- Every Match is going up to 3 Points in the Group Stage (later more), who ever has at first 3 Points will win the Match.
- A Match Moderator is in every Round in the Lobby between the Maps so he can pick the Map and look that everyone is going with the Rules.

Rules

SPOILER
- No Cheating/Hacking for sure.
- No strong Language in the Matches, be nice to each other.
- Only pick the Maps from the Beatpool for this Round and only with the given Mods.
- Act according to the instructions of the Match Moderators.

Registration

SPOILER
The Registration ended thanks to 50 Registrations, because of so much interest I had to stop the Registration Phase because it would be just to much for me to handle with, the lowest Rank Players will play in the Qualify Stage. At the 25th of June will be more Information about that.

Qualify Stage Mappool

Qualify Stage Matches

SPOILER
Saturday the 4th of July

12:00 UTC

Nelly - KamiNoKage
Dionysaw - Jingster
Prizton - SacrifuSion

14:00 UTC

Viores - Kei1koh2

16:00 UTC

natusvincere27 - [ Space ]
Darkevil - MarcusTequila

[ Wolfy ] - Zwiiz
Kennen201 - -eXTCy-

IvoPost - Comba7000
soulexe - Mysterious
thewagner - nylaa

22:00 UTC

Kennen201 - -eXTCy-

Sunday the 5th of July

2:00 UTC

bentobito - tayeezus

Shiusui - Leexz
[ ArchNight ] - dudemonkey61
-Domino- - Liiin

Ryux-Chan - EmeraldStar82

Direct Group Stage Participants

SPOILER
kuliene
DawnRaven
Vali
MortalStriker
Nekros
KuroNekoLP
_PatPat_
-mchltang-
Snajper8
iiiFrosT
khune
Zsombor
EduHD
BroBryce
linkz
vRexXy
Are you sure that you should hold matches on the 4th of July? Some might have plans and will be not be able to attend the matches.
Also, the maps look kind of easy, but I won't withdraw for now.
Kimitakari
I dont think of July 4th,dont forget that USA celebrating Independet Day and Americans would have a plans.If I were you ill choose al least of 8th of July.
Kennen
I think that if people have problems with the 4th of July, they should just ask their opponent and a match moderator to do the match earlier, I don't think there can be any problems

oh yeah and I forgot, what about streamers?
Kimitakari
Will this tourmanent be streamed on Twitch?And where the streamers?
Kennen
Well I heard the he needs streamers, that could be nice if some of the qualify match could be streamed
Kongou
I can stream the matches if there isnt anybody streaming them.
Kimitakari
Well thats a thing.Thanks for 11th and 12th of July :D
Varination
How many people are participating? Because I know I signed up within the first 50 but i'm not in any of the matches you posted nor are they 50 names on that list. Are those matches separate from the main tournament? :|
Skyzie

killzone87 wrote:

How many people are participating? Because I know I signed up within the first 50 but i'm not in any of the matches you posted nor are they 50 names on that list. Are those matches separate from the main tournament? :|
If your username isn't there, then you might of missed the cut off, since there are 50 people participating right now. Sorry. :(
MarcusTequila
Will there be a prize for the winner and do we have map bans?
Leexz
Can we ban maps? Like not allowing the opponent/urself to pick a map? Would be quite usefull. :D
Topic Starter
Shiusui
The Price will be announced later in the Tournament, because I dont want to promise something I cant keep.

There will be a Livestream I have 3 Streamers right now hopefully there will be some more ;)

And yes there is the possibility to ban 2 Maps.
Skyzie
Looking forward to the tourney!
Vali

BroBryce wrote:

Shiusui wrote:

The Price will be announced later in the Tournament, because I dont want to promise something I cant keep.

There will be a Livestream I have 3 Streamers right now hopefully there will be some more ;)

And yes there is the possibility to ban 2 Maps.
Do we also have the possibility to choose warm-up maps?

EDIT: Can I also ask which users will stream the matches [and their twitch accounts, too]?
Great question. I was wondering about the second one too.
Worst Aim NA

BroBryce wrote:

killzone87 wrote:

If your username isn't there, then you might of missed the cut off, since there are 50 people participating right now. Sorry. :(

"Cut off" Why are there people in the tourney that posted later than I did? :(
Skyzie

Sac Efron wrote:

"Cut off" Why are there people in the tourney that posted later than I did? :(
Shiusui probably messed up then. Since Vali said that he will withdraw, you could take his place.
Linkz
So if someone like me goes directly to group stage, that means that I don't have to learn the map pool for qualifying? I mean, assuming that the map pool changes.
Topic Starter
Shiusui

Linkz wrote:

So if someone like me goes directly to group stage, that means that I don't have to learn the map pool for qualifying? I mean, assuming that the map pool changes.
Yes directly Group Stage participants do not have to practive the qualify mappool.
KamiNoKage
whats the difficulty going to be in later rounds. are there gonna be 6-7 star maps or not?
Vali

KamiNoKage wrote:

whats the difficulty going to be in later rounds. are there gonna be 6-7 star maps or not?
Hoping there will be some 5-6 star picks. Free picks would be wonderful too.
EmeraldStar82
If you can't reschedule my match I'm gonna have to forfeit. 6am Monday morning is too op >.<
Vio
Thanks, I'm looking forward for my first match in the tournament. ;)
KamiNoKage

Vali wrote:

KamiNoKage wrote:

Hoping there will be some 5-6 star picks. Free picks would be wonderful too.
that would be nice but the free picks would have to be within reason XD
i can imagine someone picking centipede or something haha
Kennen

EmeraldStar82 wrote:

If you can't reschedule my match I'm gonna have to forfeit. 6am Monday morning is too op >.<
I think that you can just ask your opponent and a match moderator to do the match earlier, just try it I guess
-eXTCy-
If anyone wants, they can friend me, and we can practice the map pool.
Skyzie

-eXTCy- wrote:

If anyone wants, they can friend me, and we can practice the map pool.
I don't have to participate in the qualifier round, but I can still play with some others if they want to, since I have all the qualifier maps downloaded.
Kimitakari
Guys i think ill be disqualified because my PC LAN is is not working and i dont know if it will fixed.But ill reply if its working back again. ;C
MaKappa
wanted to join but the registration is close . :( :( :(
Skyzie
Since you didn't answer my questions before, I'll ask them again.

1. Are we aloud to have warm-up maps?
2. Who are the streamers? And can you link their channels as well?

Thanks!
breadman
I could stream :)
Spyzatron
I could stream as well if needed.
Deterioration
I'd like to join this tournament :)
I would apply for streaming aswell, but my internet is unstable lately.
Vaporwave

Underscore_ wrote:

I'd like to join this tournament :)
I would apply for streaming aswell, but my internet is unstable lately.
We're full atm, look on the OP.
Vali
Make sure to remind players of this so there are no late matches.
Kongou
changed my name from "tayeezus" to "kongou" fyi
Skyzie
Good luck to people in the qualifiers!
show more