forum

Shigatsu wa kimi no uso - Your lie in april

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
totekingsg1
A spanish company got the rights to publish this manga in my language. So, i would like to know, from someone that has already read it, if that manga is worth a try. I love romance, so i think I might enjoy it, but i want other people opinion before taking a decision.
Green Platinum
Why don't you buy it and try it for yourself? What do you have to lose?
Minamiya
Just watch the Anime. Ignore the manga.
Mafuuu
Depends on what kind of romance you like. If you like sweet fluffy romance then you're definitely not getting it from Shigatsu but if you like tragic stuff then go ahead. Another option could be you watch the first episode then decide whether you like the story enough to buy the manga since they have the same ending anyway.
-SayaKai
that anime made me cri. everitiem
Topic Starter
totekingsg1
I´ve watched the anime, and enjoyed it a lot, although the ending was... so Clannad style... still hurts. I usually don´t read manga, cause is hard to find the kind of manga I like in spanish. I´ll definitely buy it, gonna give it a chance :3
Shurelia

totekingsg1 wrote:

I´ve watched the anime, and enjoyed it a lot, although the ending was... so Clannad style... still hurts. I usually don´t read manga, cause is hard to find the kind of manga I like in spanish. I´ll definitely buy it, gonna give it a chance :3
more like .. Clannad + AnoHana
Green Platinum

Shurelia wrote:

totekingsg1 wrote:

more like .. Clannad + AnoHana
That math doesn't make sense both Clannad AS and Anohana are sadder than Shigatsu. Additionally being known to be sad is pretty much all they have in common.

Hanbun no tsuki ga noboru sora + Kids on the slope would be a better example.
The Gambler
I was thinking along the lines of H2O and Saikano for ending style but guess ppl digress..
Raiken-
most saddest 2k15
Green Platinum

Otamegartist wrote:

most saddest 2k15
You're calling that early. At this point it's probably a safe bet though.
Raiken-
oh wait just noticed that it's rival is here in summer

plastic memories
Green Platinum

Otamegartist wrote:

oh wait just noticed that it's rival is here in summer

plastic memories
No Isla is boring and the romance feels so pubescent.
Raiken-
shigatsu won then, as simple as that
a1l2d3r4e5d6
Let's not get hasty here. There's still 2 seasons left this year.

There's also that one anime coming in summer with Maeda Jun (Clannad, Angel Beats!, Kanon, Air) as the one who wrote the story.
Though I do agree that Shigatsu seems to be the best at the moment.
StephOsu
the anime adapts the manga nicely and fully
it's worth a try but do note that you can skip the first half of the last episode and miss LITERALLY nothing important plot-wise
Topic Starter
totekingsg1

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

There's also that one anime coming in summer with Maeda Jun (Clannad, Angel Beats!, Kanon, Air) as the one who wrote the story.
Charlotte is gonna be Ovas, so i dont think they can develop in like 5 episodes (max) what they depeloved in 12.
a1l2d3r4e5d6

totekingsg1 wrote:

a1l2d3r4e5d6 wrote:

Charlotte is gonna be Ovas, so i dont think they can develop in like 5 episodes (max) what they depeloved in 12.
This is news to me. Do you have the source on where you got that information from?
Topic Starter
totekingsg1
I have no idea where i have read it, but it clearly said it was gonna be OVAs. Maybe they were wrong, no idea.