Followpoints

posted
Total Posts
41
Topic Starter
Vesrand
I have a question. Why there are no followpoints between two combos? For me that doesnt make sense. It makes them useless since you cant rely on them.
woqx

Vesrand wrote:

Why there are no followpoints between two combos? For me that doesnt make sense.
because the purpose of followpoints is to connect the notes in a combo

Vesrand wrote:

It makes them useless since you cant rely on them.
they're pretty much useless anyway (at least nomod, don't know about HD or FL), if you rely on them too much just disable them by making them transparent
DahplA
They wouldn't be separate combos now would they?
Topic Starter
Vesrand
because the purpose of followpoints is to connect the notes in a combo
I can' see any logic in such purpose.

if you rely on them too much just disable them by making them transparent
Then why they even exists in the game?
Dephix
woqx

Vesrand wrote:

I can' see any logic in such purpose.

why they even exists in the game?
a combo is a series of notes
followpoints show how those notes are connected
quite simple really
-Makishima S-
Followpoints are supposed to help you move inside combo, not betwin them.

If #20k complain about followpoints, then i am done.
If you don't like them, simpy delete from your skin folder:

Any kind of file named followpoint.

Problem solved, i think this topic should be closed right now.
GoldenWolf
You know, if an element is missing in your skin folder, it will be replaced with the default one. So that doesn't help.

If you want to get rid of your followpoints, use a transparent 1x1 pic named followpoint.png
-Makishima S-

GoldenWolf wrote:

You know, if an element is missing in your skin folder, it will be replaced with the default one. So that doesn't help.

If you want to get rid of your followpoints, use a transparent 1x1 pic named followpoint.png
U have a point, right.

http://puu.sh/ilZ5d.png

Blank followpoint file.
Deva
Followpoints exist so you wouldnt have to rely on your reaction all the time.
But if followpoints were connecting every combo that would completely kill te purpose of having good reaction time, playing would mean relying to your streaming speed a and reading BPM. Boring imo
ZenithPhantasm
Followpoints are just useless clutter unless you play AR10+
Deva

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

Followpoints are just useless clutter unless you play AR10+
Its useful when im playing AR9 without actually paying attention.
Yuudachi-kun
I like my followpoints.
Kaienyuu

ZenithPhantasm wrote:

useless clutter
things people with useless eyes say :^)
autoteleology
I don't see why there needs to be a distinction that followpoints connect combos. What is the point of that? "Combos" are meaningless constructs arbitrary determined by whoever mapped the song. Basically, you just end up with random times where followpoints don't appear when it would be useful.
GoldenWolf

Philosofikal wrote:

"Combos" are meaningless constructs arbitrary determined by whoever mapped the song.
Only if the mapper sucks.
autoteleology

GoldenWolf wrote:

Philosofikal wrote:

"Combos" are meaningless constructs arbitrary determined by whoever mapped the song.
Only if the mapper sucks.
You know, because there is only one honest and true way to set combos in a song, right?

A combo means nothing, other than the mapper going "I like grouping these notes together". What purpose does it serve to not have a followpoint between combos? It would make just as much sense to only have a followpoint between combos.
show more
Please sign in to reply.

New reply