forum

Starting to miss singletaps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Fatal015
I've heard of "light fingers" to increase stamina during higher bpm songs, but I'm starting to see an inconsistency within my single taps and triples. On the other hand my streaming is becoming even better. I just want to keep my combo. ;A; Any suggestions on training or hand play?

*Note: My higher bpm singletaps suck. Anything higher than 230bpm I can't do consistently.

Peripherals: CM Quikfire TK: Blue switches (soon changing to red)
CTH-670
Yuudachi-kun
I tense my arm to singletap faster. It helps.
Floob
Wish I could help you but I struggle with anything over 220. Just be like me and stay slow forever. You'll be fine I promise.
trebby

Kheldragar wrote:

I tense my arm to singletap faster. It helps.
Try that. You can also experiment with simgletap styles, like alternating or using your finger or wrist to tap.
Topic Starter
Fatal015
So, tense the arm but not the hand I suppose?
Yuudachi-kun
Exactly. It works for streaming 240+ too
Topic Starter
Fatal015

Kheldragar wrote:

Jesus. I wish I could stream that fast for more than 5 notes.
autoteleology
Why do people choose to singletap over alternating?
Yuudachi-kun

Fatalblade015 wrote:

Kheldragar wrote:

Jesus. I wish I could stream that fast for more than 5 notes.
One time when I was rank 18k or so in january I had tried to play maffalda but the streams were too slow for me - my max speed at the time was 180. Then I decided to relax my hands to stream slower and I failed; I had gone faster. The next day Tillerino reccomended I fc rog unlimitation. Using my new technique I spent two hours trying to pass to map until I did. A week later I got x600 then spent a few more hours trying to fc - my first 200pp play in January.

From then on I unlocked the ability to practice 220 bpm streams.

In march I had been practicing tensing my arm for a while but struggled with 240 bpm. One morning I awoke and passed mad machine. HOLY SHIT I can burst 270? Riince had given me delrio that sameday, and I spent 1-2 hours everyday trying to bea my combo on delrio and everything will freeze, and pass image material. I did all of these things after 7 days of constant practice.

About three weeks ago I stopped feeling the arm tensing for 240 bpm and also failed my x900 on everything will freeze. This comes after anout two weeks of stamina training which involved playing these same maps for hours IN ADDITION to singletapping asgard, cocaine, tylenol, reiwai terrorism, scarlet rose, worldwide choppers, etc.

TL;DR play more fast maps mate come on speed isn't hard it's just physical training.
Topic Starter
Fatal015
I think I struggle with stamina with anything above 180bpm at the moment. I'll try not to tense up my hand as much but I feel as though when I "un-tense" my hand, I lose a lot in accuracy.
Yuudachi-kun
Go out and play more fast maps to get the speed then worry about acc.

This is why I can't HR
FlyingKebab
Gotta resist urge to post in g&r
ZenithPhantasm
Play less and get life

Fatalblade015 wrote:

So, tense the arm but not the hand I suppose?
yes, for me, tensing up both arms and focusing on aiming help to stream faster. it just makes your cursor shake