forum

[Archived] Did I kill my active area?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lhijn
Problem Details: Since my last problem with the tablet lag was unsolved I thought that it might just be the hardware. My active area looks really scrapped since I'm not hovering and I don't have anything to cover it (I remember Azer having some sort of protection on his). Maybe the tabelt isn't able to scan every position of the pen - what would be causing the lag. I've already thought of getting a new one but these are expensive and changing active area is hard for me because it's a forced position area where the exact pixels aren't mentioned.

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
Ayachi-
Try to change the tip of the pen that you received when buying the tablet and see if that helps.
Or try to run the tablet driver, that solved my lag problem before.
VeilStar
....no.

It's just a plastic cover, it shouldn't affect tracking what so ever.
Trosk-
I don't play hovering, my tablet looks scrapped and i don't have any kind of problem, the cause of the problem could be your pen.
Karuta-_old_1
the middle part of my active area is scrapped, it looks ugly but in practice it still works the same
Topic Starter
Lhijn

[ S a k u r a ] wrote:

Try to change the tip of the pen that you received when buying the tablet and see if that helps.
Or try to run the tablet driver, that solved my lag problem before.
Just changed my tip, nothing changed.
And running the tablet driver again didn't help either, already tried that before.
TheVileOne
What model of tablet do you use? Has it ever not lagged?

You would know if it was the surface of the tablet as it would work in some areas but not in others. Tablets that are built for drawing will be setup differently than other more general purpose models. Please try to rule out a tablet driver setting causing this.
Topic Starter
Lhijn

TheVileOne wrote:

What model of tablet do you use? Has it ever not lagged?

You would know if it was the surface of the tablet as it would work in some areas but not in others. Tablets that are built for drawing will be setup differently than other more general purpose models. Please try to rule out a tablet driver setting causing this.
Wacom ctl 480. Somewhen just started lagging. Actually I have no Idea what setting could cause this.