forum

Public osu! Tournament

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
xeon1989
We're thinking of organizing an osu! Tournament which is held nation-wide in my country the first time.

The tournament will open to the public. Any country's citizens can join the tournament.
Of course, the winner will win the prizes (cash prizes and others). At the same time, we wish to promote osu! in the country.
The event will draw certain amount of crowds, and through it we wish to increase the popularity of osu! .

Since it's the very first time for organizing it, so we need some suggestion, guideline.
Anyone, please feel free to post your comment.

For the rules, we still thinking of it.
Thanks for Cyclone's post, which is about how's his/her Tournament being done.
It can be refered at http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=18454.

In addition to that, we wish to obtain the official support from the osu! community and certified us as a official country tournament event.

Any ideas and advice is welcome.
Thanks in advance.

ps: I don't really sure is this the place to post this, but please kindly inform me about the proper forum it should be placed, or just move it ro corresponding forum.
anonymous_old
Do you have any rules, etc. set up yet?

May I sign up as both a manager/judge/helper and a player?
Topic Starter
xeon1989
Strager: I'll be delighted if you join us, but it's limited to my country, which is Malaysia only.
This tournament will be the nation-wide, so it's different compared to ordinary online multiplayer Tournament.
anonymous_old

xeon1989 wrote:

Strager: I'll be delighted if you join us, but it's limited to my country, which is Malaysia only.
This tournament will be the nation-wide, so it's different compared to ordinary online multiplayer Tournament.
B... But you said ...

xeon1989 wrote:

The tournament will open to the public. Any country's citizens can join the tournament.
=[?
Topic Starter
xeon1989
Urgh, sorry about I didn't make a clear statement.
I was mean that it's open to public, so anyone pass by the arcade can register and playing with it.
Whose result achieving certain level is qualified for proceeding to the tournament, which they will play in public and watched by audience.
So it's more into LIVE tournament, not as the multiplayer style that can be joined by anyone from global.
That's why it's limited to Malaysian citizen, and foreigners that stay at Malaysia is welcome too.
We trying promote it, and introduce it to anyone whose never play osu! before.
That's why it will held in the ACG event, which will attract more people, thus gain their interest on osu!.
Anyway, I wish the community can helps to clear my doubt on certain issues about running the tournament.
So can you be our "so-called-adviser"? Since I know very little on running an osu! Tournament.
After all, Sorry to make you misunderstand it. :(
anonymous_old
If I'm not in Malaysia, I can't really help ...

And I'm not in Malaysia.
Topic Starter
xeon1989

strager wrote:

If I'm not in Malaysia, I can't really help ...

And I'm not in Malaysia.
Urgh, It's okay.
But I wish anyone will give me any advice related with tournament.
Thanks. 8-)
second_wave
I wanna join.
lkjl23
Topic Starter
xeon1989

MashaBISEX- wrote:

I wanna join.
Urgh, thanks, but it's in Malaysia.

NeVeR_DiE wrote:

Thank you!
Sup A Noob
I want to join, but I'm in the country beside...

*Draws circles*