forum

continue where you left off option if you fail [answered]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
xerxes_oli
well i was thinking when i was doing and insane beatmap and i was half way thru when i failed it and it was a pain having to restart so thats how thought about this like to just continue with half your life or something but not restart
LuigiHann
kids these days
RemmyX25

LuigiHann wrote:

kids these days
Agreed.

While the idea has potential, it really isn't worth implimenting, imo. The Easy mod restarts the life bar once, and NoFail prevents you from failing (obviously). While these mods do cut your score by half, so would restarting in the middle of the song (or more, my math isnt that great) because you lose the first half of potential combos.
ROMaster2
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Echo
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
ROMaster2

Echo49 wrote:

I'm not a big fan of review, but it's certainly possible with the replay mechanism in the game already.
It might not be the coolest idea, but it's used in Ouendan so it must be useful in someway.
RemmyX25

ROMaster2 wrote:

It might not be the coolest idea, but it's used in Ouendan 2 and EBA so it must be useful in someway.
Fix'd.
TiZ

RemmyX25 wrote:

ROMaster2 wrote:

It might not be the coolest idea, but it's used in Ouendan 2 and EBA so it must be useful in someway.
Fix'd.
And second'd.
LuigiHann
Yeah, I was thinking about that. It can be useful to at least see what you did wrong. Sometimes.
Vic

oli16439 wrote:

well i was thinking when i was doing and insane beatmap and i was half way thru when i failed it and it was a pain having to restart so thats how thought about this like to just continue with half your life or something but not restart
Well, thats the whole point of Osu. Fair winning and then saying "I`M 1337!! I PASSED MARISA INSANE!!"... With this... "I PASSED MARISA INSANE!!" "Me too, so? Its easy, just use continues." >:[
peppy