forum

Possible "auto collection creator" project?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Amtroad
hello guys!

As the title says I had an idea to create a tool which, in theory, should create automatic collections in the client, based on the local files that the user has and the parameters given (I know it's kinda usless maybe but I'm too lazy to keep my collections properly updated :| ). To give you an example, I'd like to have my full cleared maps diveded for the acc % that I got on them, so I would put 3/4 different tiers (<90% , 90%-->95%, 95% ) and the app should scan all my results and create the collections accordingly.

I wrote here because I have some questions on the possibility of this thing actually being created like :
1. What kind of rules are applied to apps that interfere with the client functions and databases?
2. If there aren't any rule issues where could I find the nececcary informations regarding the usage of the databases/ how to interact with the menus?
3. Is there anybody that would be interested in me actually developing it with a proper UI and suff?

I still don't know if I will be able to really do this but I'd like to give it a shot!

Also if you see any dumb points/answers that I can find written somewhere please let me know :)
Howl
Hey there!
1. There aren't really rules, as long as you're not creating cheating applications and actually doing something useful for the community. Or editing the osu! source code without permission, that is. Interacting with .db files should be fine, at least for reading, not sure for writing (let me know if I'm wrong, gmt/osu!devs!)
2. Can't answer
3. Might be able to help! What programming language?
Topic Starter
Amtroad
There aren't really rules, as long as you're not creating cheating applications and actually doing something useful for the community. Or editing the osu! source code without permission, that is. Interacting with .db files should be fine, at least for reading, not sure for writing (let me know if I'm wrong, gmt/osu!devs!)
Thanks for the info, the only rewriting of db files that I might do is in the collection.db file because it might be that easyest/fastest way to create new collections but not really sure about that.

Might be able to help! What programming language?
Actually I still have to decide xP, in university I've used java and c but I can learn a new one, as long as it is object based/c like they are all pretty much the same (suggestions are welcome ;) )
Topic Starter
Amtroad
Gonna bump this post once in hope of an answer from admins/devs :/
Neco-Arc_old
I'd be happy with it!. This is only thing i miss in osu, to be happy for 100%