forum

[resolved] osu! Mac cutting edge error

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
RenkoV2
Hey, I just recently tried to use osu! cutting edge on mac, (I have done it on pc before) and it gives me this weird error.

To prevent table stretch, click me.

Also, what is weird is that I cannot choose OpenGL on this mac... it restarts osu! but does not change. It stays on DirectX

Any help is appreciated . Thanks for your time. :shock:

osu! version: 20150414.2 (latest)
Nekonyan

RenkoV2 wrote:

Hey, I just recently tried to use osu! cutting edge on mac, (I have done it on pc before) and it gives me this weird error.
To prevent table stretch, click me.
Also, what is weird is that I cannot choose OpenGL on this mac... it restarts osu! but does not change. It stays on DirectX
pointing some problem here
- ask: so Mac =/= PC; and PC = windows?
- as I could see on your screenshot, you have this problem,

so you need to install .NET Framework in your Mac, here's the link for it
- Do you have opengl driver installed? if not, [google:1337]download latest opengl driver[/google:1337]
VeilStar
Hold SHIFT and start osu!, keep holding SHIFT untill a configuration window pops up. Change your release stream to Stable in there and click the 'repair osu!' button. You'll have to wait untill a new wineskin comes out to use beta/cuttingedge on mac.
PizzaLovers007
The cutting edge and beta versions do not work on mac currently. You will have to wait until peppy (or someone else) posts a new wine wrapper with .NET 4.0 on it.
abraker

PizzaLovers007 wrote:

The cutting edge and beta versions do not work on mac currently. You will have to wait until peppy (or someone else) posts a new wine wrapper with .NET 4.0 on it.
It works through Wine (assuming mac has a similar procedure to get it working)
t/329760
Russufar
I need help the SHIFT fix is not working please help
Trosk-

Russufar wrote:

I need help the SHIFT fix is not working please help
What do you mean? The configuration window is not showing up?
Russufar
NVM i just reinstalled and backed up everything
PizzaLovers007

abraker wrote:

PizzaLovers007 wrote:

It works through Wine (assuming mac has a similar procedure to get it working)
t/329760
Oh I didn't realize someone got the beta working with wine. The setup process looks pretty complicated so I'm assuming OP is just using the wrapper peppy made. In that case, beta and cutting edge do not work on mac.
JOEDE12
No wonder osu! for Mac OS X runs on Wineskin... xD
Trosk-

JOEDE12 wrote:

No wonder osu! for Mac OS X runs on Wineskin... xD
Don't bump almost dead threads if it's not really necesary, please.